MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging from Phpbb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I currently have phpbb version 2.0.22 and have 100s of members, although there has been a huge influx of spam lately. I would like to change to MyBB and have never used it before and just have a quick question regarding the merge.
It says I need to make a new installation of MyBB before I merge, where do I install it to? Eg, if my current forum is /forum do I put the files in there or do I put them somewhere else eg. /forums
If anyone could help point me in the right direction as basically as possible that would be much appreciated. Heart

Thanks in advance
Lilac Angel
Yes you need to install MyBB first. It would be much easier to handle if your MyBB installation was in a separate folder.
Thank you Dennis, and do I create a new different sql database?
It's not necessary to use an entirely separate database, although you can if you want. Just make sure that you use a unique database table prefix when you install your forum. The default "mybb_" should suffice if you only have other phpBB forums in the same database.