MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: confession/confussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-06-24, 11:59 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know much about your country so couldn't tell you much about the economic opportunities of taking computer science. Although you can do web-design over the internet as a freelancer or something Wink.

And what are the odds people will use his service (no offence), there are many web designers that have a "name".
Only the marketing he would have to do isn't cheap, and doing it by himself, it would be a lot of work.

professorskylolo, you should go to the goverment/college administration or any political insitution and see there what is the economics of each job.
There are plenty of sights where people post their offers and he can come to them. It's a good way to get started. There is a huge one that I can't think of right now where people ask for logos and you compete to get their offer.
But can you live off of those sites?
I'm not sure about that Wink
i have made up my mind,i am going for medicine,but would go through a computer lesson class to intensify my computer knowlege.thanks for your contributions
(2008-06-25, 07:02 PM)Footballman Wrote: [ -> ]But can you live off of those sites?
I'm not sure about that Wink

Probably if that's all you did. I mean people will pay like $500 for logos and stuff Wink. That's kind of on the high end but they do.
Freelance design is fine to make a bit of pocket money or as a part time job while your at school/uni but i recon it would be hard to make a decent living if you did it full time.

I think web design would be a poor choice if you had a medical career as an alternative but you would probably do alright as a software engineer. I don't know about in your country but here in Australia they get paid quite well and they have good working conditions. Software engineering is also something that can take you all over the world.

It also depends alot on weather you have a passion for programming or design. They are two totally different things, in my case although i am quiet good with my design i (some would say sadly) find programming much more interesting. I go to the shop's before holidays and buy two or three books on a new programming language so i can lean it over the holidays Toungue Alot of people say that programming and software engineering is boring but if you enjoy it like me then i think it would make a good career, otherwise maybe it isn't such a good option...
@netsage,
can you pm me the urls of the sites that pays up to $500 dollars for logo designs.

@_Tim

you see,in my country,computer science combines both programming and software building but as i said earlier,i would go 4 medicine.but right now,i registerd for the computer science in the university and hope to switch to the medicine when the medical school resumes(the uni that gave me comp. sci. would resume on monday while that of medicine would resume by November/December)
Pages: 1 2