MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A security issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see this forum is the wonderful MyBB 1.4 right? If there's still security issues and bugs in the software could someone explain why it is being on the site. The reason is that somebody could find a way to SQL Inject themselves to an admin rank and wreck the site up or something. I do see why you guys want it on the site atm, but I was thinking like, wouldn't it be better to put it online at a more stabler date?

-Aled
It's already quite stable and secure. The bugs that are being reported are very minor tweaks. Just curious, what makes you think it isn't stable enough?
Oh right, nevermind.

I thought because it wasn't yet released as a public Beta yet that it wasn't in Beta.

Because if it's in a Public Beta people find it easier to see bugs and report them.

-Aled
We've had internal beta testing for over half a year. Upgrading the community forums not only allows the public to experience the MyBB 1.4 front end, but also find bugs that we haven't discovered with a board of this size. Most of our test boards are relatively small.

So yes, the upgrading of these forums are twofold.
We also have backups of these forums. And we also have a program that detects Intrusion attempts and stops them. I might also point out that security wise, we are not going to be any securer a year from now. If you look hard enough, and spend enough time you will always find issues in everything.