MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What should I develop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Guys,
I'm about to have free time in my free time since I'm nearly done with the GCS. I've been looking at some of the "suitable as plugin" ideas in the Ideas site but nothing caught my interest. So I thought I'd post this thread up to get everyones idea on a mod. Make sure you post up something big and not a tiny 2 second project like thread subtitles or anything similar. I could make a profile blog feature something that looks like this http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/prof...mid=284536
But I would prefer something more useful to make.
Post up your ideas,
Best Regards.
(2008-06-21, 07:22 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,
I'm about to have free time in my free time since I'm nearly done with the GCS. I've been looking at some of the "suitable as plugin" ideas in the Ideas site but nothing caught my interest. So I thought I'd post this thread up to get everyones idea on a mod. Make sure you post up something big and not a tiny 2 second project like thread subtitles or anything similar. I could make a profile blog feature something that looks like this http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/prof...mid=284536
But I would prefer something more useful to make.
Post up your ideas,
Best Regards.

You asking for trouble. Toungue But seriously this is cool that your stepping up to the plate. Smile Thanks. Plugins are my next project after i get a few themes done up now that i have finally tackled that.

How about re-doing/fixing some of the Plugins that havent been updated forever? Talking about those where the developer of them has dissapeared as well? This is assuming ofcourse your talking about plugins for 1.2?

If your talking about 1.4 then there is a slew of them i can think of. Starting with onlinetoday, A mybb gallery, SEO related plugin.
Well if you really want to do something. I would say work on a bridge as that would bring in a lot of people Wink. But I don't need anything so don't really ave any real suggestions Undecided.
How's about a plug in/mod that creates a seperate page for adding tutorials, articles, or even recipes. You could maybe create just one plug in/mod, but it can somehow be changed (by the forum owners) to include the seperate pages, before uploading/installing.
(2008-06-21, 09:59 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]How's about a plug in/mod that creates a seperate page for adding tutorials, articles, or even recipes. You could maybe create just one plug in/mod, but it can somehow be changed (by the forum owners) to include the seperate pages, before uploading/installing.

Wouldn't the current page creator suffice?

----------

I am talking about plugins for 1.4 or for 1.2. I could create plugins Labrocca made for sale, but I don't want to ruin his sales.
Quote:Wouldn't the current page creator suffice?

I was thinking more like something that lets you create seperate categories etc. Something like this...

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forum...ocom=links
A user gallery/blog plugin =P (allow each users to have their own gallery / blog).
Thanks for your replies guys. I like Burga's idea about the blog/gallery; but keep posting up your ideas I'll give it a few days before I decide.
Best Regards.
I will give my vote for a blog =D
If I do decide to develop the blog, what kind of features should I include? Features like IPB?
Pages: 1 2 3 4