MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Users Website URL to NOFOLLOW - Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
-----
I've noticed that you've modified the postbit template - I might suggest also editing the link in the profile page Smile
(2008-07-06, 12:55 AM)Xdlo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-23, 09:09 AM)deadlychaos25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-23, 04:43 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, what does this do exactly?

This will stop search engine spider (Only Google) to follow the url of your users website. By doing this your page will have less outbound links. Shy
If you don't use this NoFollow tag then your pagerank will be divided with your users website.
So in short you can save your pagerank health without wasting it on your users website. Wink

(2008-06-23, 07:56 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Does that help better the pagerank of your website?

Yes it definitely helps for better Pagerank.
Not for gaining but for keeping the current pagerank healthy.

Hope This Helps Smile

That's FALSE. Your pagerank is NOT affected by the number of outgoing links you have.

I think you know this but you didn't explain it well.

The fact is, every outgoing link has a specific value. This value is higher if you have a high pagerank value. Let's use examples. you have a PageRank of 5, you have 50 "PageRank points" for your outgoing links, andi f you have PR 6, you have 60 "PageRank Points".

For example if you have PR5: If you have ONE outgoing link, you give 50 "PR Points" to that site you link. If you have 2, you give 50/2 PR Points for EACH link. If you have 3, 50/3.. etc. So your global value of links is always the same, but THE VALUE FOR EACH LINK is lower while the amount of links in your site grows.

It is how it works. It does NOT reduce your pagerank but the importance of every link. The more links you have, the less important they each one are. Understood now?

And about pagerank... It does NOT modify when do your page appears in the search results. Pages with PR6 may appear UNDER pages with PR4 for the same search. So, don't worry so much about your pagerank.

The good fact of using nofollow is that if some user has a "bad page" on his profile, Google may don't penalize your site because it is linking to a "bad page" (for example a spamming page, or thinks like that), because Google understands if you write "nofollow" you are NOT supporting that kind of site. This may help if some user links to a nasty website which can make Google think you support that "bad site".

When you use nofollow, you don't give "PR Points" to that link. So if you have 100 links, 99 with nofollow, and following the example in the previos post, you will give your 50 PR Points to that link with no nofollow.

Maybe this explanation is not exact, english is not my motherlanguage, sorry, and sorry if I sound angry, I am not Smile I'm just trying to clarify this point.

In my opinion... the use of nofollow is silly. You don't really need this. At least in my opinion. But A LOT of people has the same opinion as me, and A LOT of people still think nofollow is usefull. Do what you want, but remember how it works and what it really does.

I know what you are trying to say
But don't you want to keep the quality of your link ?
Also you are telling that PageRank don't have importance but thats wrong.
It has small importance but it has.
when you search on google, google tries to show you the relevant result. And this result is made upon some factors which are - Page Strength, Keyword density, Title, Domain, Pages Age, Pagerank etc.
So the value of pagerank should not be neglected
Also if Pagerank don't have value then why google have introduce such rank ?

Talking for nofollow tags: If you will not loose the pagerank points then your site will get ranked high internally, i will explain you how:

If you have 50 points and you don't use this nofollow tag then the points will be divided into numerous sites and the link value will be less.
Keep in mind that google gives rank/value to our internal pages also.
So when you will use this NoFollow tag your value of link will be strong and thats why the pages linked internally to your website/forum will be given more value and importance.
That means your internal pages will get value and not your users website.
So indirectly your site will not loose the link juice on others website. It will remain within your site.

I hope you got my point. Rolleyes
(2008-07-06, 08:21 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that you've modified the postbit template - I might suggest also editing the link in the profile page Smile

Thanks for the suggestion but after editing postbit template it has started working without any issues.
So there is no need of it.
Thank you. Smile
Thank You Wink
-----
(2008-06-28, 08:15 PM)Footballman Wrote: [ -> ]Off Topic:
Today PR is a pretty old technique, and google has a TR (Trust Rank), which is their new technique.

On Topic:
this Tut, will be very usefull to me in the future.

TR is a Patent of Yahoo! not Google Big Grin
Thanks to deadlychaos25 (Discover the "problem"), and Xdlo (great explanation)

Smile
If you concern yourself with good content on both websites and forums then pagerank in my opinion is pointless as people will only visit and read good helpfull informative content.

Content and quality is king.

Sluggy
oh,it is great.
thank you ver much.
thanks

I was watching over this Smile
Pages: 1 2 3