MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Porting themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybodie!!!
i want to know if it's possible port a phpbb3 theme to mybb??

if thats it's possible how i can make it??

Thanks in advance

Salutes!!!
Its possible, but it has to be done by hand. If you plan to distribute the theme, the first thing you should do is get permission from the original author. Then its a simple (sort of) matter of splicing new CSS, images and templates into a MyBB theme.
(2008-06-23, 05:21 AM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]Its possible, but it has to be done by hand. If you plan to distribute the theme, the first thing you should do is get permission from the original author. Then its a simple (sort of) matter of splicing new CSS, images and templates into a MyBB theme.

ahh ok, i will send a pm to the author of the theme, but i need if someone can port them because i am a noob in this Toungue, or maybe if anyone post a tutorial, i can make it, thanks
which theme? I might be willing to convert it if its any good.
I have done conversions before. Take a bit of time but it's possible.
hi
look this is the theme, is called melankolia

Demo Board and download:

Demo and Download
That is a nice theme I must admit. If you get this converted are you going to let public have it too?

Also since it's not table less from the looks of it it would probably be convertible with just the images and the admin menu for half of it. But I don't have the time or the CSS experience to try right now.
That's a very doable conversion, I'd estimate 3-5 hours after the image and template changes that would need to made. CSS would be a trick and there's even room for some improvements on the MyBB platform.

I'd do it, but thats a quite a lot of time and I'm not particularly fond of the theme. See if someone can help you out first.
i could do it but will i have to remake all the images myself or can i just use the same pics?
(2008-06-25, 06:29 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]i could do it but will i have to remake all the images myself or can i just use the same pics?

i can't contact with the designer of this theme, because his contact forum is in Turkish and i can't understand anything in the site, i think it's better make a new theme based on melankolia, or in other case if someone speak and read turkish here is the link of the forum Of "Ercan", the designer of melankolia theme:

http://www.ta-frm.com/

the theme of that page is awesoe too

salutes!!!