MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As i understand mybb is now running on the new version of the forum....

looks very good, but i was under the impression that a link to the calendar was going to be implemented in this version. ex. Users can pick dates when creating a new thread, and those events show up in the calendar, with a link to the thread.

this is a very big deal for our community, it seems like most other forms have this feature, do you think it could still be implemented?
I have never heard of this feature in any forum to be honest.

But you can allow your users to set events in the calendar and have them link to the thread.
i can't believe you haven't seen the feature before, most of the forums i'm on have it.

like for example, when creating a new topic, there's a seporate section for "dates", if you select a date, or date range, that topic, aka, event, automatically shows up on the calendar.... and the reminder is usually also on the very bottom of the forum, like when it sais "today's birthdays', it would also say "Today's events", or "upcoming events"
(2008-06-23, 02:26 PM)MadamZuZu Wrote: [ -> ]looks very good, but i was under the impression that a link to the calendar was going to be implemented in this version. ex. Users can pick dates when creating a new thread, and those events show up in the calendar, with a link to the thread.

this is a very big deal for our community, it seems like most other forms have this feature, do you think it could still be implemented?

No, major feature suggestions are closed, so basically the way it is now is the way it will be in 1.4.

Please feel free to add your idea to http://ideas.mybboard.net (please search for calendar ideas first, I'm pretty sure it's already been added).
yea, i'v added it there before.