MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird Logic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I was initially agreeing that MyBB shouldn't release 1.4 for bug testing, but then realized... That's a twist in logic, is it not? Wouldn't it be faster and better to actually release a Beta 1.4 for public to play around with and exploit for bugs?

By bugs I mean bugs which can't be accessed through a normal user administrator. If an administrator actually has his own forums with a bunch of members, wouldn't the members themselves be able to spot out bugs? Of course there are beta test boards, but you can't expect everyone people to tumble over a bug. In fact, it's more or less likely that they'll just look at the features then leave thinking "That looks awesome!" or the reverse.

I'm not sure if anyone else thought of this, but here's my 2 cents.

I'm not saying "Release 1.4!" - I'm just saying that it's kind of a weird logic that was implied to me.

Discuss.
(2008-06-24, 02:50 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Well I was initially agreeing that MyBB shouldn't release 1.4 for bug testing, but then realized... That's a twist in logic, is it not? Wouldn't it be faster and better to actually release a Beta 1.4 for public to play around with and exploit for bugs?

I'm not saying "Release 1.4!" - I'm just saying that it's kind of a weird logic that you guys made.

Discuss.

We made that logic? Where?
Well, for me logic isn't exactly made... just "done". Like when the sky is looked at as being blue - the logic that people initially look at the sky as a blue sky. What twists it is that people know that the sky is just a reflection of the ocean. It's kind of a thing where one thing is happening but then gets combated with another logic.

In conclusion: It's more or less an implied seeing as you guys are all like "Bug fixes for beta first" and have test boards for people to test out.
I'm not sure you're getting the point. You've implied that we've specifically stated somewhere that we've ruled out any chance of public beta testing, and that is not at all true. It seems you're just putting words into our mouths.
Alright, so you seem to want "perfection" from my words. So I changed it to 'I'm not saying "Release 1.4!" - I'm just saying that it's kind of a weird logic that was implied to me.'

Basically answer the question and try not to be anal about what I've written to make me look like an lime.

In case you want a short discussion question:
MyBB 1.4 could be further bug tested if released for public, but why did you guys choose to not release it, but instead test on MyBB's site instead (and two [?] more sites)?
(2008-06-24, 03:32 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, so you seem to want "perfection" from my words. So I changed it to 'I'm not saying "Release 1.4!" - I'm just saying that it's kind of a weird logic that was implied to me.'

There wasn't anything implied to you. You've just chosen to interpret things a certain way.

(2008-06-24, 03:32 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]Basically answer the question and try not to be anal about what I've written to make me look like an lime.

I'm not being anal, and its not my intention to make you look like an lime. Basically, It is my intention to discuss this as you stated by your last sentence in your first post here.

(2008-06-24, 03:32 AM)Ginji Wrote: [ -> ]In case you want a short discussion question:
MyBB 1.4 could be further bug tested if released for public, but why did you guys choose to not release it, but instead test on MyBB's site instead (and two [?] more sites)?

Oh so you have access to our staff discussions on the decisions we've made? Your saying things that are completely false. Absolutely nowhere have we said we won't release it to the public at some point.

The only reasons we haven't released it to public so far is because of:
1) Dealing with users who upgrade their forums to the beta then complain because it has problems.
2) If we feeling whether or not it is stable enough to go to public release.
3) If we feel we have enough man power and enough time (I intend to keep to our deadline) to successfully pull off a public beta.
I interpreted in my mind differently from yours. I can't blame you for that. Everybody does that and I didn't take that into account when typing all of this.

More or less it was interpreted that way because you said I was sticking words into your (the staff's) mouth. That's more or less saying "This guy is talking as if he's the 'boss' and/or is just lying." And we all know people like that are asses for their vainglory. Plus, you being specific about what I wrote instead of simply answering it was more or less you being anal about what I typed (i.e. I never meant your an anal in general, but you were being an anal toward my words). I was more or less looking for:
Quote:The only reasons we haven't released it to public so far is because of:
1) Dealing with users who upgrade their forums to the beta then complain because it has problems.
2) If we feeling whether or not it is stable enough to go to public release.
3) If we feel we have enough man power and enough time (I intend to keep to our deadline) to successfully pull off a public beta.
Nothing more.

I'm talking about for the present and the past - not the future. I have no doubts that you guys will release it later, but what I thought was: Why not release it to the public so thy can further test it? Anyways, the last few things you have said (as quoted above) is already good enough to answer it. Thanks.

If anything offended you, I'm sorry. I just had to say what I had to say.

Thanks for your quick response.