MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: data cache error: Fatal error: Out of memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i'm always getting the same errors when copying forum permissions..
Undecided
Fatal error:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 42991616) (tried to allocate 5726815 bytes) in /home/vvirain/public_html/zp3forum/inc/class_datacache.php on line 101

i have already changed the .htaccess file in:
php_value memory_limit 96M
php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
php_value post_max_size 100M

after that the same problem.
The helpdesk where the forum is hosted told to disable the datacache.
Now after changing the data cache options from DB to FILES in config.php i have still the same problem.

ps sorry for my bad english

regards,
Wouter
Do you have any plugins that you're using? If so, please list them here.

Otherwise, contact your host about this issue.
I don't use any plugins..

the only possibility why it uses so much memory is because i have 120 user groups that can only post in there private forum.

i have already set 100 from the 120 usergroups permissions...(i use the function copy permissions for that)

i have already contacted my host serveral times for this issue, but the memory use looks hugeConfused
Are you on a shared host or do you have root access to your system?

If the latter, that could mean a number of things - typically more to do with your system setup (a lot of usergroups will take up more memory, since they're cached, however, I doubt a few hundred usergroups could take up more than a few KB of RAM per CGI thread).

If the former, it means that the server you are sharing has exceeded it's load, and is your host's responsibility to fix.

Interesting, though, that it dies on the datacache loading part. If you have 120 usergroups - how many forums do you have?
every user group has access in one forum.
so 120 forums and some forums with public access

now it runs smooth on a virtual server..(php.ini changed to 100MB settingsToungue) just have to find a public solution now.
Wow, that's a lot of permissions - I can see it taking up a fair bit of memory.
I don't think the PHP settings is your issue - I believe if you have multiple instances of Apache (multiple incoming connections), then each thread/process is taking up that much more memory.

So you'll probably need to look into getting more RAM.