MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OK need installation help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I have no idea how to do this! So someone plz tell me what to do to set it up on a mac!Huh
The instructions stay the same, find a host that supports PHP, MySQL, etc. ([Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)) and allows you to upload via FTP.
Then all you should have to do is find an FTP client that works for MAC, or you may already even have one.

Google may offer more help in this case. Best of luck. Smile
(2008-06-24, 08:20 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]find a host that supports PHP, MySQL, etc.
OK, does that mean that I have to have all of them or just one, I have found x10 hosting and it supports: "CGI, PHP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl, Python" It has PHP but that's it. Is that OK?Huh
x10hosting should work fine. Just note this:
MyBB Wiki Wrote:x10hosting - There is a known issue with MyBB 1.2 not working with x10hosting due to them having both eval and exec turned off on their hosting accounts by default. To use MyBB 1.2 on x10hosting you must contact them and request that eval and exec be enabled on your account. It also seems that they now have phpinfo turned off by default which causes the CAPTCHA to function incorrectly, if this happens to you, please request that phpinfo be enabled on your account.
(2008-06-24, 08:36 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]x10hosting should work fine. Just note this:
MyBB Wiki Wrote:x10hosting - There is a known issue with MyBB 1.2 not working with x10hosting due to them having both eval and exec turned off on their hosting accounts by default. To use MyBB 1.2 on x10hosting you must contact them and request that eval and exec be enabled on your account. It also seems that they now have phpinfo turned off by default which causes the CAPTCHA to function incorrectly, if this happens to you, please request that phpinfo be enabled on your account.
Could you maybe direct me to a free web hosting then?
(2008-06-24, 08:40 AM)Santomartino Wrote: [ -> ]Could you maybe direct me to a free web hosting then?
I just said x10hosting will work fine..
(2008-06-24, 08:43 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-24, 08:40 AM)Santomartino Wrote: [ -> ]Could you maybe direct me to a free web hosting then?
I just said x10hosting will work fine..
OK, sorry for being so terrible at this Angel
OK um... I can't register for some reason so does http://ismywebsite.com/ work?