MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Sk8 theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a theme compatable with mybb 1.2.13. Can anyone help me? And if possible to make it look like the main part of my website. I'll give ya'll a link. http://www.sk8ing-forums.tk/. Please help me.
Please help me with this guys!!! I'm not good with paint.NET or making themes. I need your help!
Do you want to make your forum look like its just another page on your site? This can be done, but that kind of tight integration is quite time consuming. You should wait until the release of 1.4 before putting that much effort into a theme (and then doing again only weeks later).
Whats the date it'll release?
We're looking at weeks now...
Its actually not hard at all, almost copy and paste. Take the header code from your website template, and paste it into the header code of the forums header template after you remove the stock logo. You might have to use span to move the forums down. Also the same for the footer paste your sites template footer into the footer template of the forum. Edit your theme to accommodate for change in width etc. to fit with your forum, you can also change colors for your theme to fit your site better. I have this setup at my site if you'd like to take a look.
You're over simplifying a little.

Often times people just copy in the header and footer only to realize that they have CSS conflicts, invalid code and forums that look terrible. You have to consider how to integrate MyBB into your existing 'template'. Its best to change elements of the actual forum to be more consistent with the website and insure that those issues are dealt with.

That said, there's no harm in giving it a try as long as you don't expect miracles the first time around.
For me, I would prefer to make my "pages" on mybb (make custom script which will simply display my content and use mybb template engine) The pages are 'integrated' to the forum Smile

Search for one of my thread, there's a thread which have the steps on how to do this.
Yes, that's another good solution for this type of setup.