MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shout box Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried to install phpFreeChat latest version downloaded from mybb fallowing the instructions i uploaded everithing the plugin shows up in acp pannel when activate it and go to my site the site goes blank white why any one help and i don t understand what they mean by the last 3 install points

these three :
# Lastly, go to the "Change" link and verify the phpFreeChat settings there. (It will be the last plugin listed at the bottom of the page.) The default options should work, if you make sure you change the path to match your phpFreeChat's location!
# That should do it! If you view your forums, the chat block should now be enabled.
# DON'T FORGET! Anytime you make changes to the plugin's settings, you MUST FLUSH your phpFreeChat CACHES. Otherwise the changes make not take! Simply delete the contents of {chat's location}/private (and {chat's location}/public} if using phpFreeChat v. 1.8-beta or less) to do this.
Well, the phpfreechat plugin for mybb won't work with the latest version of that chat's script. I see they are on version 1.1 now, so there are several versions won't work with the plugin. That may or may not account for why you're getting the white screen. If you want to use phpfree chat with mybb, I would recommend you get their 1.0 beta9 version, which I think is the only one that is compatible with the plugin.

As far as the points you don't understand. The first one is just telling you to go into the ACP settings and update the information for your chat. The location must be the actual root and not your url. Wait until you activate the proper version with the plugin, and you should get an error. Within that error will be the location of your site. It's also in your php info. Looks something like /site/html_public/name/folder and varies depending on what host you're with.
The last one is just telling you to clear out the private and public folders whenever you make any changes to the settings.

edit: by the way, why are you calling this a shout box problem?
did not know what elese to call it so i where can i get eh 1.9betta version
They offer all their versions from their site. Just go to their downloads area and look for it. Toungue and it's the 1.0 beta9 version, not the 1.9 beta.

This is a chat problem, not a shout box problem, which is why I asked.