MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about a Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am searching for a Nature based theme. I have been searching, and although there are downloads I have found from other sites, I would rather get themes from this site, as it is the one I trust Smile
Yes, I would love to make my own one day, as of right now, I am JUST learning how to get a site up and running with other people's brilliant creativity, lol. (about 5 minutes ago, I learned how to get my site to show instead of the page that shows "parent directory" etc etc...
So I have been browsing through the themes, looking for sumthing nature based, with some greens, nothing too dark nothing too blinding... I was using a theme called SpringTime with a free forum that did it all for you, but I don't know if that theme could work with Mybb.
Are there any 'safe' places to look for more Mybb downloads?
thanks,
Shilo
You can try looking over at http://www.mybb-themes.com
Thanks for the direction Smile
Unfortunately, the theme section seems to be down. Perhaps it is newly being worked on.
try this link: http://www.mybb-themes.com/downloads.php...=cat&cid=1

If you need help adapting something for your site I can help you out.

I plan to put out a nature/garden based theme once we see 1.4.
Thank you so much for your response and link.
I am currently running Power Green, which is a nice shade of green...I was sitting here, trying to think of how to change the .png logo (embarassed to say I do not even know what a .png is)
My site is a pagan/earth based parenting forum - or, it will be one day, when its up and running, lol.... And also how to change the colour of the area in which the logo sits. I would like a logo to read TerraSpirit ~ Fertlity & Family for Canadian Pagans, or something similar.
I was previously using a forums-free phbb template that allowed me to simply upload a pic into the logo space, hehe.. easy for a noob such as myself.

my site is located at terraspirit.freehostia.com if you would like to look at my Mybb site....
I do own a domain name through freewebs that my main site is at, but all info would be lost if i were to transfer it over, as the format is non -adaptable, so in the meantime i will simply link the forum on a 'message board' link page.

(and i will be watching for your theme to come out for 1.4 Smile )
to change your logo just replace the image at /forums/images/pgr/logo.png.

A png is just like a jpg, except it has less compression and awesome transparency capabilities.
May I go a step further to ask how I would go about making a .png?
Also, to change the colour behind the logo? or, lol.. perhaps i could paypal you a few dollars to do it for me?
omg, its so embarassing.
You may want to note that .png transparency is not supported pre IE 7 unless you use a JavaScript function. For transparency i would reccomend using a .gif image.

I can make you a simple logo for free if you like?

Also to change the colour of the area in which the logo sits in the theme settings go to the 'Page Container' section and in the 'Extra CSS Attributes' there should be something like
background: #fff;
thank you, that would be fantastic. At some point, when I sort out domain name etc, I may request the genius of someone else to build me a template Big Grin lol...
but in the meantime, I would be happy with a simple logo that I could use in place of the one that is there.
Green, as the nature of the board itself...
Is that the final colour of your page container? I prefer to not use transparency when making logos if i can help it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of templates for you to use when MyBB 1.4 is out Smile
Pages: 1 2 3