MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [tutorial] Add your own portal boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This short tutorial will show you how to add your own boxes to your portal.

The code for a new box is
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>Box heading here</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">Box content here</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />

Put this at the end of one of these templates depending on where you want your custom box

portal_welcome
portal_pms
portal_search
portal_stats
portal_whosonline
portal_latestthreads

Thats it, easy huh? Smile
Moved to the Tutorials section.
this beautifully explained, so can we add such boxes in index instead ?
Huh, cool! Subscribing to this to use it later. Wink
No answer to my question, Can we add such boxes to index.php page ?
There was a plugin that enabled 'side boxes' on index, but it's momentarily unstable in MyBB 1.4.4. If you want new sideboxes you'd have to wait. If you want to add tables under a forum or somewhere else, I suggest checking the 'forumdisplay' template and see if you can apply the same trick they used here.

If it doesn't help, you can always remove it.
(2009-04-03, 02:46 PM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]No answer to my question, Can we add such boxes to index.php page ?

Yes you jus have to use CSS to edit the Index.php. you have to create a custom box and push the forums over.
(2009-04-08, 09:06 PM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-03, 02:46 PM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]No answer to my question, Can we add such boxes to index.php page ?

Yes you jus have to use CSS to edit the Index.php. you have to create a custom box and push the forums over.

CSS inside index.php ?? how is it possible, I thought that you mean index template ?? right ?
Thanks to this guide I now have a poll on the front page.
good tutorial i will use it after i fix the SQL error in Portal
thanks man this worked for me
Pages: 1 2