MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a mildly upsetting change of events, my settings that I added via the Admin CP aren't being included in the $mybb->settings variable.

When I echo $mybb->settings['tg_title']; I get nothing, and when I print_r($mybb->settings);, my setting isn't included.

I'm editing index.php, and dropping it in the bottom, just as a test. And I cannot figure out for the life of me why it isn't included. I can edit it in the Admin CP, but I can't access it outside of the Admin CP, it would seem. o.o

Any help?

[edit]Curses. It appears that I was too hasty- I've got two different installations running on the same database, a beta and a live. And apparently, I needed to just submit it in the beta install for it to work.

On the other hand, I can't seem to figure out what types of "Setting Types" are allowed. Any handy-dandy list?[/edit]
These are the main types:
  • text
  • textarea
  • yesno
  • onoff
  • php (executed PHP code)
  • list (not explicitly a type - you enter a list of select options)

You probably shouldn't need to use these types:
  • cpstyle
  • language
  • adminlanguage
(2008-06-27, 06:43 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]These are the main types:
  • text
  • textarea
  • yesno
  • onoff
  • php (executed PHP code)
  • list (not explicitly a type - you enter a list of select options)

You probably shouldn't need to use these types:
  • cpstyle
  • language
  • adminlanguage

Thanks a lot. ^_^

Can you expand on the list, a bit? Would it look something like this:

<select>
<option="first">First Option</option>
<option="second">Second Option</option>
</select>

(wow, my HTML is rusty)

Can it be a select-multiple?

Thanks again. Smile
Here's an example of a list, used in the Default Sort Field option (under Member List):
select
regdate=Registration Date
postnum=Post Count
username=Username

(I probably made a mistake above, sorry)