MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New ACP confusing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm about to go to bed, but I just upgraded my beta board with 1.4. After getting rid of all my plugins and themes AND reverting all my templates, it finally is working right. But here is something I'm having problems with already. How the heck do you change things around in a theme? I don't like how wide the default theme is, so I went into the ACP to adjust the container, only to discover that I couldn't find where the container is. I found a width field. When I changed that to 90%, it shrunk the whole thing on the right side, and I don't know how to center it. LOL...A little help would be appreciated.

Egads, if something this simple is throwing me off, I'm really worried when things get more complicated! Toungue
(2008-06-27, 07:59 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like how wide the default theme is, so I went into the ACP to adjust the container, only to discover that I couldn't find where the container is.

It's right there in the drop-down called "#container" .... ?
(2008-06-27, 08:18 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-27, 07:59 AM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like how wide the default theme is, so I went into the ACP to adjust the container, only to discover that I couldn't find where the container is.

It's right there in the drop-down called "#container" .... ?

yeah I think the new admincp is alot better I can actually edit on part of the skin at a time with out having to reload the whole page.
I think everything is much easier to navigate in the new admin panel. Now did the myBB group really develop this myBB 1.4? Or did they steal paid developers? Toungue
(2008-06-27, 02:10 PM)shadow82x Wrote: [ -> ]I think everything is much easier to navigate in the new admin panel. Now did the myBB group really develop this myBB 1.4? Or did they steal paid developers? Toungue

Nope, we just spent hours on end planning every page out so it would be as easy to use as possible. Smile
(2008-06-27, 02:16 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-27, 02:10 PM)shadow82x Wrote: [ -> ]I think everything is much easier to navigate in the new admin panel. Now did the myBB group really develop this myBB 1.4? Or did they steal paid developers? Toungue

Nope, we just spent hours on end planning every page out so it would be as easy to use as possible. Smile

and hours have paid off the acp is amazing its easy to understand and divided into things that make sense unlike phpbb3.
OMG, forgive me for not agreeing with you, but then I'm just getting into the new ACP. Say all you want, but it is NOT easier to understand after using the old ACP for over 2 years! Give me a break! Toungue

By the way, you can only get to that "OH SO" obvious dropdown after figuring out that the container is in a separate section called global.css. Is there a user's manual for this? How on earth can you all be so cocky as to think it will be easy for everyone! Jeesh! LOL

edit: and another by the way, I've tried changing the container width twice, and it won't save the new value if I choose "Save and close"! It will only save if I choose the first Save option. Is this a bug?
Give it a chance Judel. I think you'll find it very easy and nice to use once you get used to it.

(2008-06-27, 04:17 PM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, you can only get to that "OH SO" obvious dropdown after figuring out that the container is in a separate section called global.css. Is there a user's manual for this? How on earth can you all be so cocky as to think it will be easy for everyone! Jeesh! LOL

We have detailed instructions on our new wiki which we are working on internally.
Yeah, I'm giving it a chance, which is why I created the beta board with it. It's just all so new and different. After getting used to the way it was, it is hard to know where everything is now.
I've already completely written the new Admin CP documentation internally, so when 1.4 hits the masses at final release it will be documented completely. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3