MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax Quick Reply Turkish character problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ajax Quick Reply Turkish character problem

Ajax Reply an answer a Turkish character a problem but Normal Reply Format there is not a problem

Sample Site : http://beta.mybbturkiye.com
You need the MB extension as well as iconv/convert_utf8 and you need to make sure the database and the encoding in the language file are the same.
I have a script for non-english character utf-8 converting. But it need to be in admin panel. I will ask how can I include that codes to utf-8 conversion...
Go under Tools -> System Health -> UTF-8 Conversion and run that.
when you install with UTF8 there aren't any problem but when you but when you categorized it turkish characters doesn't appear
edit your "inc/config.php" file:

// $config['database']['encoding'] = 'utf8';

change to:

$config['database']['encoding'] = 'utf8';

My posts with special characters from Brazilian portuguese have been fixed after enabling this option...
Same problem here with german umlauts (äöü).
Standard reply is working. Quick Reply shows messed up characters, but after reload evereything is fine. Obviously the problem is not the database encoding, but only the ajax-display of the quickreply.

(2008-06-27, 03:01 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You need the MB extension as well as iconv/convert_utf8 and you need to make sure the database and the encoding in the language file are the same.
(2008-06-28, 09:57 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Go under Tools -> System Health -> UTF-8 Conversion and run that.
MB, inconv and convert_utf8 are there, database and language charset are the same. UTF8-Conversion done successfully. Problem still there.
Maybe one of the other devs can take some time and look into your issue
i had this problem too (with russian letters), but it dissapears after i set new version of <language> pack, so imho this question not for developers