MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Wrong last thread showing in category within category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just noticed this and did a recount and rebuild to see if it would fix, but it didn't. I have a category within a category on my site. With 1.2 nothing was listed but the description. Don't know what's supposed to display with 1.4, but I know the last thread from a different forum should not. See screen shot for what is happening. You can see that it is saying the last thread is the same as from the regular forum above it. That's not right.

[attachment=9557]
And your certain they just didn't post it twice?
Yes, I'm certain that thread is not in both sections. LOL

edit: wanted to update this to let you know that I just did a test post in a different thread in the Writing Help forum, and it updated the last post in both that forum and the category within a category section. This is definitely wrong.
(2008-06-27, 08:28 PM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]edit: wanted to update this to let you know that I just did a test post in a different thread in the Writing Help forum, and it updated the last post in both that forum and the category within a category section. This is definitely wrong.

Can you PM me FTP and phpMyAdmin access? I can't seem to reproduce on my localhost
I can give you FTP access and admin status on the beta, but the only way you can get to phpmyadmin is to have total access to my control panel (unfortunately, there is no separate link with hostgator)...and I never give out my primary account info to anyone. If the other access isn't good enough, I guess you won't be able to confirm this bug. If it is, let me know and I can PM you the info.
I can work with FTP access and admin status
Alright, so I was able to reproduce it after looking closer at your forum structure. It has to do with password protected forums within a forum within a category within a category, and there has to be a forum above the second category (lol huh?)
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.
(2008-06-28, 07:20 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, so I was able to reproduce it after looking closer at your forum structure. It has to do with password protected forums within a forum within a category within a category, and there has to be a forum above the second category (lol huh?)

LOL...Yeah, I almost mentioned that the forums within the category within a category were all password protected! Toungue Didn't think it made any difference! Glad it could be fixed!