MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: question about plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my beta board up and I was testing mods that I have to see if they work and the downloads section does but no matter what I install the menu of the plugin doesn't show up is there a way to see the menu so I can see if the functions of plugins work.
All plugins need an update; so don't bother trying to install 1.2.* versions Wink
Most of the plugincreators are currently busy updating/testing their plugins on a beta and will be released when the final release of mybb 1.4 comes out.
(2008-06-27, 09:20 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]All plugins need an update; so don't bother trying to install 1.2.* versions Wink
Most of the plugincreators are currently busy updating/testing their plugins on a beta and will be released when the final release of mybb 1.4 comes out.

ok sorry also what replaces the showgroups table I think it is as I'm trying to upgrade a wp/mybb bridge me and a friend made and it uses that table.
There's never been a 'showgroups table' =/ =P
You've got 'usergroups' though. ( DB && Cache )
never mind it was setting groups I had it call a db three times so instead of inserting in mybb db it tried to install in mybb.mybb.mybb kinda weird.
(2008-06-27, 09:17 PM)Mmarzex Wrote: [ -> ]I have my beta board up and I was testing mods that I have to see if they work and the downloads section does but no matter what I install the menu of the plugin doesn't show up is there a way to see the menu so I can see if the functions of plugins work.

Just wanted to point out that the Downloads Section plugin will be updated to work with MyBB 1.4 as a priority.
(2008-06-27, 10:05 PM)Musicalmidget Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-27, 09:17 PM)Mmarzex Wrote: [ -> ]I have my beta board up and I was testing mods that I have to see if they work and the downloads section does but no matter what I install the menu of the plugin doesn't show up is there a way to see the menu so I can see if the functions of plugins work.

Just wanted to point out that the Downloads Section plugin will be updated to work with MyBB 1.4 as a priority.

Are you going to be adding better features to it as well. I know you started the plugin a long time ago but you haven't really added features to it. I like it but it's not feature rich. If you plan to add more I would like to know what you have in mind because if are not going to add more features I might begin work on my own download plugin. Some of the faults of your plugin are permissions. You can't set them for groups and that should be an option. Also the files should be like the mybb attachments where they are renamed upon download to prevent hotlinking.
I'm giving most of my popular plugins a significant overhaul, including the Downloads Section. Group permissions and an option to enable/disable renaming of files are included in the update.
Thanks MM...good to know this because currently it's semi-frustrating.