MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Function Reference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every PHP developer ever knows (or should know) about PHP.net- the website with, among other things, a complete function reference, including parameters (with their expected types), returns, and other handy information.

It would be awesome to get something like that for MyBB, because the current... 'patchy' documentation is driving me nuts.

I'd be more than willing to contribute my (poor) knowledge to a project like this, but I know I'd need a lot of help, and I think it's something the MyBB community could really use.

Thoughts?
There already is one, http://www.mybbcentral.com/docs/
Labrocca did it i think, most people don't know about it but its pretty useful Smile
An Official MyBB Documentation would be preferred.

Nothing against labrocca, but I for one prefer information such as this from the source, not a third party.
Did you write it labrocca? It must have taken a while!
MyBB code is all PHPDoc'd. Note all the comments above each class and function... So that means you can download the PHPDocs software and run the MyBB code through it and it'll generate the proper documentation.

Gotta love it!
WOW! That is really cool and useful! I will remember that. So does it note all the comments and works out that each class and function do?
The one at MyBB Fans uses PHPXRef which is PHPDocs plus more Smile It's currently analyzing an older version of MyBB, but it shouldn't be too much different from the latest 1.2.x release. www.mybbfans.com/xref
I just use the functions list in Notepad++. Or if you need to search a function, type "function ____(" in your search box.

No need for anything fancy IMO.
(2008-06-29, 01:49 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I just use the functions list in Notepad++. Or if you need to search a function, type "function ____(" in your search box.

No need for anything fancy IMO.

Helps if you don't know the name of the function. Toungue

Although you just reminded me to turn on the File Outline toolbar in phpDesigner. <_< It has a function list.
(2008-06-29, 03:04 AM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]Helps if you don't know the name of the function. Toungue
If you don't know the name of a function, why are you looking it up?

The only time I look for a function is if I see a reference to it, so I look for the function to see what it does.
Pages: 1 2