MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I upgrade ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi !

I have a mybb forum and I want to upgrade it to the last version, just like the one you have here.

Can I do that ?
(2008-06-27, 08:46 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You will be able to upgrade MyBB 1.2 to MyBB 1.4, but you should not upgrade your production boards. We won't be providing a path to upgrade MyBB 1.4 Beta to Final so you shouldn't do that to your production / live forums.

(2008-06-27, 09:18 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You can upgrade a copy of your production forum into another location as a test forum, but you should not directly upgrade your live forums to 1.4.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-33015.html
Why do not directly upgrade ? And how can I make a copy ?
(2008-06-28, 06:11 AM)Acrono Wrote: [ -> ]Why do not directly upgrade ?

(2008-06-27, 08:46 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You will be able to upgrade MyBB 1.2 to MyBB 1.4, but you should not upgrade your production boards. We won't be providing a path to upgrade MyBB 1.4 Beta to Final so you shouldn't do that to your production / live forums.
And when can I be able to upgrade ?
You will be able to upgrade your MyBB 1.2 forums to MyBB 1.4 when we release it. However, a release date has not been set yet so we can't be more precise than this at the moment. You should remember that MyBB 1.4 is still being tested and therefore not meant to be used on a normal working environment yet Smile
And you can make a copy by uploading all your mybb files to another directory on your server, and backing up your forum database and restoring it to a new database connected to the "new" forum you just created. Then you'll have two exact forums running.
(2008-06-28, 09:17 AM)Tochjo Wrote: [ -> ]You will be able to upgrade your MyBB 1.2 forums to MyBB 1.4 when we release it. However, a release date has not been set yet so we can't be more precise than this at the moment. You should remember that MyBB 1.4 is still being tested and therefore not meant to be used on a normal working environment yet Smile

Huh? 'not meant to be used on a normal working environment'. Isn't that what this forum is. This forum is a busy MyBB forum and you've got beta or test version running here. Undecided Strange comment that mate.
What they're using here is an older more stable version than the beta.
This forum was upgraded so users could get familiar with the new version and report bugs. If something were to wrong a developer could fix it easily, but imagine them trying to fix a few hundred forums. That's unreasonable.

This is beta software, and you should never use beta software in a live environment unless you're prepared to troubleshoot and repair problems on your own.
Pages: 1 2