MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you want to upgrade your live forum to MyBB 1.4 Beta? If so, read here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't think there will be a list of changes from that last beta(what ever it maybe as I don't really know) and the final. But taking up the task of comparing everything is up to you.

Although if it's just theme changes I know there will be a list for that for all the theme authors.Wink
Between BETA 1 and BETA 2 there have been few bug reports, and I have already upgraded to BETA 2. If we don't have much of a problem between BETA 2 and the FINAL release, then I shouldn't have too much trouble.
I think it would be nice to have a list of changes in the database. Then all beta forums with more "technical-known" administration could upgrade by theirselves to final. But I don't think that there are so much changes...

(sry for my bad english... ^^)
As much as I support myBB not wanting people to use the beta I believe they should list changed files and if any mysql changes.

I wanted to upgrade to main site to help iron out any remaining bugs in myBB. Some people wanna do that too - to benifit mybb.
It's not a difference, but I didn't upgrade - I started a new forum with MyBB 1.4 Beta 2. That's not really a problem... but I don't want to make it new and add all forums new and migrate the first XX threads...
They've been telling people from the beginning don't use it in a live environment. If you want to use your community to help iron out bugs set up another board where they can mess around with the beta.

I think if they're going to list changes they mies as well make an upgrade script because either way there are going to be a lot of people crying that they broke their forum upgrading from the beta.
I'm not a beginner. I only want database changes, file changes don't matter for me to upgrade.
And I don't think that they will change a lot - so it is "makeable" (does this word exist? my bad english -.-)
(2008-07-17, 11:10 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]either way there are going to be a lot of people crying that they broke their forum upgrading from the beta.

Which is why we are discouraging people upgrading their live forums to MyBB 1.4 Beta.
(2008-07-18, 12:11 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-07-17, 11:10 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]either way there are going to be a lot of people crying that they broke their forum upgrading from the beta.

Which is why we are discouraging people upgrading their live forums to MyBB 1.4 Beta.

....as they won't get any help. Big Grin
thank @DennisTT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5