MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VB type themes....????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This question i pose for any and all members who download and use themes instead of making it themselve....for people who do like to theme....AND ESPECIALLY for the mybb board staff and owner if they happen to see this thread....

What do you think about VB style themes for mybb...especially for the up and coming 1.4

> are u for them ..."Eh looks ok..people love em"

> against them ..."hmmpt..we go through all this trouble to make them a free board and they turn it into a VB clone...

> neutral ..."ah!.. live and let live"

> Jealous Rage..."Hey!..he's only making VB themes for mybb....***admin/index...users...BAN****

how bout everyone tell us where they stand on the whole thing...

***ps..i considered whether to make this thread here on in CHIT/CHAT.....but templates...here...so ...***

EDIT
<! -- seems i messed up my bbcode..please any mod consider fixing it -->
To be honest I'm not a fan of cloning MyBB to look like vB or any other forum software.
I must admit that I have used one of these themes. I have came here now to find a new theme though. It looks ok, but the only reason I got it in the first place is because I intended to upgrade to vB. After using myBB for a couple of month I have decided against it. I really don't see the need.

I would say I am pretty neutral about the whole thing though. If people like them that's great.
i am a fan of the vbulletin styles because look very professional to me, but i don't think what mybb becomes in a clone of vbulletin for that reason, i think mybb take other way, it's only the themes what look's like vbulletin.

Salutes!!!

Please Realese the 1.4 version!!! xD
someone thought they were funny and picked the last vote
(2008-07-01, 03:05 PM)Azagthoth Wrote: [ -> ]i am a fan of the vbulletin styles because look very professional to me, but i don't think what mybb becomes in a clone of vbulletin for that reason, i think mybb take other way, it's only the themes what look's like vbulletin.

Salutes!!!

Please Realese the 1.4 version!!! xD

working on it Wink
I STILL think vB is UGLY. Thus i dont care for them. Have better odd's of me using a IPB type theme then me using a vB theme.
I don't think the vbulletin layout looks bad at all.
I like the VB/IPB styled themes. Although using MyBB it would be easier to fool someone into thinking that you are actually using VB.....Well, if you bought Copyright removal....