MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: COSMETIC - usercp_changename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Straightening up the template.

Use this or not - I don't want to waste your time or mine with any feedback etc. Toungue

@ Tikitiki Only! If you don't want recommended template changes posted - please let me know.

Thanks,

Lop.

usercp_changename

Find:

<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->current_password}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" colspan="2" align="center"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->change_username}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="40%"><strong>{$lang->new_username}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2" width="60%"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['maxnamelength']}" /></td>
</tr>

Replace With:

<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->current_password}:</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="35%"></td>
<td class="trow1" width="60%"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->new_username}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="35%"></td>
<td class="trow2" width="60%"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['maxnamelength']}" /></td>
</tr>
To me that just looks weird, but then I'm used to the boxes being on the very left. They are on 1.2.x as well.
It's because I moved New Username to the title to compliment the Current Password. If they were to the left, Update Username button would be in limbo. Sad

And as I said: "No feedback". I put these things forward for the Dev's to consider if they want to make the changes or not. Personal "Tastes" don't concern me and I'd rather not be responding to them.

Change Avatar is centred - Now we'll have a full set when I post two more.
Oh wow, I just checked what it is now. It looks like crap.

Wouldn't this be better though?
<tr>
<td class="trow1" width="35%"><strong>{$lang->current_password}:</strong></td>
<td class="trow1" width="60%"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="35%"><strong>{$lang->new_username}</strong></td>
</tr>

That would give the two empty (and strange looking) boxes from your screenshot content and remove (the frankly redundant) blue bits above them.

EDIT
Nevermind, that wouldn't be consistent. What you are suggesting for the 3 places is probably the best visually.
If I had my way I'd re-write a whole lot of the templates to remove the crap as you call it from them.

Of course what you suggest would look a whole lot better - But there's heaps of other crappy double entries where one line would have sufficed, and be a whole lot better looking.

Maybe you should be going through it and changing it - not offering alternatives when someone posts something.

And as I said - Use them or not. Not interested in alternatives, as mine are only suggestions based on the original script.

Now I'm out of here - got other things to do - will Beta some more tomorrow. Toungue
Not a lot I can do, I only have read-only access to the SVN.
Unfortunately we won't be changing the templates unless its for bug fixes. You can implement this into your own themes and suggest it for a future version though
At this point, such template changes probably won't be taken on board. There's nothing official with what I just said, but it's likely the truth. See above...

In my opinion, making such minor changes at this point wouldn't do much anyway - there are so many inconsistencies in the front end, you'd have to go through most of the forum to make anything consistent.
(2008-06-29, 03:31 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately we won't be changing the templates unless its for bug fixes.

That's a pity really, particularly for the front end. Sad

I'd like to see MyBB 1.4 come out squeaky-clean and straight, or more "Professional Looking" for the first release. Toungue

(2008-06-29, 03:31 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You can implement this into your own themes and suggest it for a future version though

By the time I finish with a theme (If I get around to it) it will no doubt look something like the MyBB v1.2* themes were. Never did like the v/b-look-alike style in the first place. Toungue

Anyway, I'll spend some time with it, looking for genuine bugs like speling erors etc, and because as I'm not runing it lvie, there's little esle I can offer in the whey of help. Wink

Catcha!

PS: Totally off-topic!

One thing I never did like is the "Here you can" and "Here you can view" type statements in the general instructions when one is already at that page.

Very Unprofessional for a manual.

Engine & Gearbox

Here you can read about the engine and gearbox. Rolleyes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2008-06-29, 06:03 AM)Lopalong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-29, 03:31 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately we won't be changing the templates unless its for bug fixes.

That's a pity really, particularly for the front end. Sad

I'd like to see MyBB 1.4 come out squeaky-clean and straight, or more "Professional Looking" for the first release. Toungue

You had the whole time you were in the private beta....
Pages: 1 2