MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would themes made on the Private Beta be transferable to the final release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once I get the test board set up, I wanted to get a headstart at porting my forum's current theme over to MyBB 1.4.

Would that theme work (for the most part) in the final version?
Themes made in the beta should work in the final since there should be no major template changes between them. No promises though.
That's why can we upgrade our 1.2 themes to 1.4 beta or create new ones?
(2008-06-29, 12:59 AM)MrDoom Wrote: [ -> ]Themes made in the beta should work in the final since there should be no major template changes between them. No promises though.

Small changes would be expected. Smile

I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be no radicial shifts that would cause having to restart it all over again. Wink
Honestly, if we have to make any major template changes at this stage. We really screwed up somewhere. I wouldn't expect it to happen.
What I'd do is save your current copy of /install/resources/mybb_theme.xml, then when the final is released, perform a diff between the two XML files and see what has been changed.
If you don't have a Diff tool, I'd recommend WinMerge.
We won't make any major changes at this stage - only bug fixes