MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a registered user an Admin/Super Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I make a registered user an Admin/Super Mod
Navigate to their profile.Click Edit this user in ACP

Find "Primary User Groups"

Click the dropdown menu and click on administartors

Click save at the bottom
AdminCP -> Users and Groups -> Search for Users -> *find the user* -> Edit Profile & Settings -> Primary User Group.
I know this is old but I'm having a problem with this. I get invalid language error. How come?
Are you on 1.4?? If so, not only is this in the wrong forum, but you should upgrade to 1.4.4 as this was a fixed bug.
MyBB and Server Statistics Forum Statistics
MyBB Version 1.4.2 Threads 8 Threads

Thats what the dashboard says. How would I update mybb? Or is this fixed in this version?
Not really sure why that was necessary but yes, you're on 1.4.2, so as I just said, upgrade to 1.4.4 as it was a fixed bug.
Okay how would I do that though? I'm using mybb through a hosting service. So I didn't install it or anything... Or am I just screwed short of suggesting it to the hosting service?
Oh, if you don't have access to your files, then you can't upgrade. So if you're stuck on 1.4.2, to get around the problem, when editing the user, find the setting for the language they use, and set it to something other than 'Default', i.e. choose an actual language, and then save.
Okay I went to the groups section and said edit usergroup for Super Moderators but I don't see anything about the default language. Where exactly would I find it? Sorry I'm just starting today. Trying to move from php2 to mybb sadly it all has to be done manually.
Pages: 1 2