MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any system settings or tweaks I can make to speed up the loading times of the forum and it various sections?

At the moment on my test forum and this forum everything loads really slowly.

I have tried using different browsers, IE, Fire Fox, opera and Safari and the speed has been the same, slow.

Any help or advise you can give me would be much appreciated.
What are the page generation times for various pages (displayed in bottom-right hand corner)?
And what sort of of set-up are you running as your server?
(2008-06-29, 09:16 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]What are the page generation times for various pages (displayed in bottom-right hand corner)?

I am getting various times.

11.48 seconds and 12.57 seconds are couple and I have had even slower load times.

(2008-06-29, 09:23 AM)MrDoom Wrote: [ -> ]And what sort of of set-up are you running as your server?

Operating system: Linux
Apache version: 1.3.41 (Unix)
PHP version: 5.2.6
MySQL version 5.0.51
I think by default in MyBB 1.4 GZip is disabled, right? Make sure that GZip is enabled in your Admin CP if your server supports it. That should speed things up a bit for you. Smile

BMR777
Or it might be the problem of Memory your using ?

I mena I use Vists Ultimate with Xampp and I find my MyBB 1.4 (Beta) copy to work normally for me.

THough ON XP it works more faster but on vista also My Index page time is ; "Generated in 1.4432969 seconds" and for me ; GZip Compression: Enabled BUT It's by default I changed nothing in ACP. ABout this!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's not a lot isn't Wink
Just want to clear a few things up.

1. It is not my internet connection, all other sites and MyBB forums I have work fine and as they should.

2. It is not a memory issue, I have loads of memory installed in my box, enough to run a number of high resource programs at once.

On the memory issue, all I had running at the time was once instance of my browser with my beta forum loaded

3. It is not my browser, I have tested in IE, Fire Fox, opera and Safari and the result is the same.

4. I get no appreciable difference in speed with GZip enabled or disabled.

5. It is not my server as I have other MyBB forums on the same server that are very active and they all work fine and load fast, i get good, sub zero second, page loads all the time.

I am just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same issues?

Is there anything I could of perhaps missed in the setting up of my beta forum?

Is there anything I could do or a setting I could tweak to try and makes things run a bit faster?
(2008-06-29, 01:28 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]I think by default in MyBB 1.4 GZip is disabled, right? Make sure that GZip is enabled in your Admin CP if your server supports it. That should speed things up a bit for you. Smile

BMR777

That won't help. It will make things worse. It takes more CPU to compress the data. It may old be faster for dial-up users with fast computers to decompress the data.

@Keith W. - I can almost guarantee its a problem with your server. Those load times are extremely slow. If you'd like, send me FTP details and admin access and I can look into if it's an issue with MyBB or not.
(2008-06-29, 10:03 AM)Keith W Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting various times.

11.48 seconds and 12.57 seconds are couple and I have had even slower load times.
Yeah, that's pretty slow. What are the PHP and MySQL times?

Also, what are your system specs? Is the MySQL server hosted externally?
OK I feel kind of embarrassed here, I had forgotten I was running my box in compatibility mode Blush

Page loads and rendering are much faster now.

Thanks to everyone who replied and tired to help.

Take care, Keith