MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Move / Copy Thread Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This error occurs when trying to move / copy a thread from one forum to another.

When trying to move / copy a thread from one forum to another forum the function moves / copies the thread to its new location but the text within the post is missing.

Steps taken to produce this error:

1. Open a thread to read
2. Moderation options > Move / Copy Thread
3. Select new forum to move / copy thread to
4. Method > copy thread to new forum
5. Click on move / copy thread

The function will now move / copy your thread to its new location but you will notice that the post text has not been moved /copied over, the text field is blank.
Well, I moved this thread and that still has it's content.

Is anyone else able to reproduce?
Just to clarify I am not talking about just moving a thread from one forum to another, that works fine.

What I am talking about is copying a thread and it contents, using the steps outlined in my OP, and moving it to a new forum, leaving the original thread in tact on the original forum and an exact copy of it being on an entirety different forum.
Oh right. There was a bug related to copying a thread (which is a feature people hardly use, so it didn't get much loving during testing), but that did something else I think.
I can't reproduce either.

(2008-06-29, 02:24 PM)MrDoom Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right. There was a bug related to copying a thread (which is a feature people hardly use, so it didn't get much loving during testing), but that did something else I think.

Yes, that was relating to attachments.
I have just tried again on my test forum and it is still doing it, copying the thread to a new forum but the post text fields are blank.

I have attached a PDF with some advanced debug information from after trying to copy the thread if that helps, the ***** in the PDF are my inclusion to obscure private data.
My bet is you have a bad plugin - Remember plugins aren't updated yet for 1.4.
No it cant be a bad plugin as I do not have any plugins installed.

This is fresh install of MyBB 1.4 with just a few test forums set up.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.