MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Speed issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure of what is going on but everytime i try and load to theme edit stylesheet ( advanced mode) i freeze/stop responding and i have to close out of that page? Have this same sorta issue all around acp as well but to a lessor degree ( just dont freeze ) Things just take what seems like forever to load. This is on IE 6. All works fine in FF 2 . Havent tested on IE 7 yet.
Yeah this happens on IE6 only, as I have IE6 installed here I can confirm it, I have another machine with IE7 installed and it works fine there.
(2008-06-30, 06:30 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure of what is going on but everytime i try and load to theme edit stylesheet ( advanced mode) i freeze/stop responding and i have to close out of that page? Have this same sorta issue all around acp as well but to a lessor degree ( just dont freeze ) Things just take what seems like forever to load. This is on IE 6. All works fine in FF 2 . Havent tested on IE 7 yet.

Does it happen when you turn off javascript? Does it happen with editing templates too (with javascript on)?

If so then it sounds like a codepress issue
(2008-06-30, 10:39 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-06-30, 06:30 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure of what is going on but everytime i try and load to theme edit stylesheet ( advanced mode) i freeze/stop responding and i have to close out of that page? Have this same sorta issue all around acp as well but to a lessor degree ( just dont freeze ) Things just take what seems like forever to load. This is on IE 6. All works fine in FF 2 . Havent tested on IE 7 yet.

Does it happen when you turn off javascript? Does it happen with editing templates too (with javascript on)?

If so then it sounds like a codepress issue

Loads slow when editing the templates. Took me nearly 3hrs to run the update tool for all my theme templates i did on 1.2. Have not tried to turn off javascript though? But if i did that wouldnt my drop down menu i made for my theme break on MY system? It is one of those where you can put your cursor over the menu and it opens up and i have one that is click the link to open the drop down.