MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: index.html files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I need to upload a big* banner for my site (*kb size = 48) and I need to free up space. Can I delete those index.php files or do I need them?
The index.html files are to redirect people away from directories that they shouldn't be accessing - it is likely that you do not want to remove these files.

Try removing some of the images that you may not be using, like stars, group images, etc.
(2008-06-30, 08:23 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]The index.html files are to redirect people away from directories that they shouldn't be accessing - it is likely that you do not want to remove these files.

Try removing some of the images that you may not be using, like stars, group images, etc.
Apart from images, is there anything that I can get rid of?
You can try uploading the images to an image host, like ImageShack or PhotoBucket. Most people on free forum hosts do things like that.
(2008-06-30, 08:31 AM)Santomartino Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from images, is there anything that I can get rid of?
Not really - I mean, you can disable avatars and uploads, (so people cannot add to your forum size) but everything else as far as I'm concerned is required for MyBB to function. We don't just throw in random files..
48kb is tiny anyway, nothing to worry about. Whats your host?