MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen of death...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
judel Wrote:I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I am a very satisfied Godaddy user who has had a mybb forum up since April. I think there are several of us here. So far, the only thing i can't access is the archive mode, which has nothing to do with installing. Are you sure you're CHMODing the right files???

Uploaded the forums the same way I did on my test server that was hosted on my pc. And yes we are CHMODing the files as it even does a check at early install stages. GoDaddy gives very stringent network privaledges. Not sure what go-daddy plan you are using, but i was using the cheapest plan. Even tho the cheapest plan does say it supports forums, aparently it doesnt/diddnt.
Bella Wrote:Anyway after trying to work with it for a few days and getting useless email support, I canceled my hosting and found a new host.

ya me too. Tho im hoping they can give a partial refund . As i paid for months and got about a week of hell before i decided to to give up/
judel Wrote:I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I am a very satisfied Godaddy user who has had a mybb forum up since April. I think there are several of us here.  So far, the only thing i can't access is the archive mode, which has nothing to do with installing.  Are you sure you're CHMODing the right files???

Did you have any problems at all? If so please, tell us what did you do? New user, need help. Thanks
tomcollins Wrote:
judel Wrote:I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I am a very satisfied Godaddy user who has had a mybb forum up since April. I think there are several of us here.  So far, the only thing i can't access is the archive mode, which has nothing to do with installing.  Are you sure you're CHMODing the right files???

Did you have any problems at all?  If so please, tell us what did you do? New user, need help.  Thanks

Hey, I'm trying to set up a forum here and I can install and configure it, that all works fine, I can acess the admin panel but when I try to load the index, just the painfull white screen. Hope somene can help!
gth44331 Wrote:
tomcollins Wrote:
judel Wrote:I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but I am a very satisfied Godaddy user who has had a mybb forum up since April. I think there are several of us here. So far, the only thing i can't access is the archive mode, which has nothing to do with installing. Are you sure you're CHMODing the right files???

Did you have any problems at all? If so please, tell us what did you do? New user, need help. Thanks

Hey, I'm trying to set up a forum here and I can install and configure it, that all works fine, I can acess the admin panel but when I try to load the index, just the painfull white screen. Hope somene can help!

there nothing on your "here" link >_>
Yeh, I gave up and changed hosting. My forums are now located here, and they work perfectly. Thanks anyway.

Your post made me think of something. I'm wondering if it is a difference between the servers. I have a Windows server with them, and so cannot (and do not need to) CHMOD the files. I'm wondering if everyone that is having the same problem is on their Windows server?

I suppose I will if I have to, but I love GoDaddy, and I don't want to change companies, so if anyone can offer any suggestions or ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Kristen
I am having the same WSOD (white screen of death). After I enter Admin login page, I get WSOF. Now, worse yet, computers other than the one I am using to install the forum find WSOD when people try to access my forum: http://benhp.cafe150.com

I've searched the coummunity, and I found two answers. One is to re-upload the page and chmod it to 755. The other one is to set Yes the Send Standard Headers under Server and Optimization Options inside Settings. Both don't answer the WSOD problem.

Anyone?
benhp Wrote:I am having the same WSOD (white screen of death). After I enter Admin login page, I get WSOF. Now, worse yet, computers other than the one I am using to install the forum find WSOD when people try to access my forum: http://benhp.cafe150.com

I've searched the coummunity, and I found two answers. One is to re-upload the page and chmod it to 755. The other one is to set Yes the Send Standard Headers under Server and Optimization Options inside Settings. Both don't answer the WSOD problem.

Anyone?

Hi benhp-

I am a definite newbie, but I found that my WSOD troubles were hosting related.  I don't know if that helps you at all, but you might want to provide some more info on your problem.  I was using GoDaddy and had to switch from Windows.  

Are you able to access your forum at all or did you just install it and can only access the admin?  When I did mine, I got a blank screen except for a box and a less than sign or something and had to turn of the "gzip" option in the admin panel.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Kristen

Edit: I visited your page, but I didn't see the white page you were talking about.
Pages: 1 2 3