MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will any themes or mods work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking of downloading and installing the new BETA version, but my concern is that as much as I like the default look, I want to add things to it. I have enough problems running themes on 1.2.13 when they're designed for 1.2.12, and this 1.4 completely revamped everything. Will stuff like the Downloads Section mod work? Will themes like ANSCD work?
All plugins need an update. Currently "all" pluginauthors are working on the updates; when the final release of MyBB 1.4 comes out, the updated plugin versions will be released.
I would assume that, being the Downloads Section's popularity, it won't take long. And I actually asked the creator of the ANSCD theme if he/she will update it.
(2008-07-01, 08:32 PM)lupus6x9 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking of downloading and installing the new BETA version, but my concern is that as much as I like the default look, I want to add things to it. I have enough problems running themes on 1.2.13 when they're designed for 1.2.12, and this 1.4 completely revamped everything. Will stuff like the Downloads Section mod work? Will themes like ANSCD work?

I would suggest you not download and install the beta version if all your going to do is add things to it like plugins and themes - We've released this public beta just to test MyBB or if your a theme/plugin developer, to allow you to update them.
I understand that that is the intention of having released a BETA version prior to the actual release. I just wanted to get a preview, so I guess it's too early to ask if things will work, and it's probably better to ask when you publicly release it, and hopefully at that point most will have updated their plugins and themes.

Thanks anyway.
(2008-07-01, 08:50 PM)lupus6x9 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that that is the intention of having released a BETA version prior to the actual release. I just wanted to get a preview, so I guess it's too early to ask if things will work, and it's probably better to ask when you publicly release it, and hopefully at that point most will have updated their plugins and themes.

Thanks anyway.

I agreed...
whene mybb 1.4 comes out.. none know yet. as it's told many times before.
they well release it whene it's became stable enough and ready to be public release.
for the mods/themes I believe there is alot of coders and theme creator are joined the beta test for this reason..
(2008-07-01, 08:45 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest you not download and install the beta version if all your going to do is add things to it like plugins and themes - We've released this public beta just to test MyBB or if your a theme/plugin developer, to allow you to update them.

authors need beta testers too Smile
Yeah, I can't imagine why we can't test the newly updated plugins on the beta. How else are we and the plugin authors to know if they will work properly?
(2008-07-03, 08:48 PM)judel Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I can't imagine why we can't test the newly updated plugins on the beta. How else are we and the plugin authors to know if they will work properly?

Wow okay. Can everyone just calm down for one freaking second? I'm sorry I didn't cover every imaginable possibility there is. Authors can use testers too, that's perfectly fine.
Pages: 1 2