MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I cant change the logo in my template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I have tried about 15 times. I have created a stupid logo, in GIF format, and have tried to replace the current logo in the theme/template. All that comes up is a stupid red X with some words next to it. I have only failed about 30 times in 2 weeks trying to change the logo with my stupid logocreator program. Any ideas? The logo is simple. It is TEXT, nothing else. My site is at www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum...........

Thank you in advance for any help with this
What is the image you are trying to change the logo to? And is the image uploaded to the same location that the current logo is?
(2008-07-03, 01:43 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the image you are trying to change the logo to? And is the image uploaded to the same location that the current logo is?

Yes. I am trying to change it to logobitch.gif from logo.gif in the slimtheme2 folder. the logobitch.gif is already there. It is really a simple logo I LOVE TO blueberry in white letters with a transparent background, very simply to get rid of the Slimtheme logo.
Any ideas?? Thanks!
Well, to do this you can use the Admin CP:
Admin CP --> Themes --> Modify / Delete --> *Choose your theme and click 'Go'* --> Forum Logo
Change logo.gif to your image name, logobitch.gif

Or, simply delete logo.gif and rename your .gif to logo.gif.
This method may require you to clear your browser cache until the new image shows up.
(2008-07-03, 01:53 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, to do this you can use the Admin CP:
Admin CP --> Themes --> Modify / Delete --> *Choose your theme and click 'Go'* --> Forum Logo
Change logo.gif to your image name, logobitch.gif

Or, simply delete logo.gif and rename your .gif to logo.gif.
This method may require you to clear your browser cache until the new image shows up.

Ok, that makes sense. I keep getting the red x, and this is what I did try. How do I clear the browser cache??
What browser do you use?
Alternatively, press Shift + F5 (or refresh).
That should tell your browser to load everything on the page you are viewing to load again and not load from cache.
I use IE 7. check it out now. Same thing happens with the red x and the tagline

www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum

Ugh, lol
That is because apparently logobitch.gif doesn't exist. Please make sure it is uploaded to the correct directory and the name is correct.
yes, it does exist. It is in forums/images/slimtheme2/logobitch.gif. This is where I am confused
did it. Same problem. ARRRRRRRRRRRGH. Thanks for trying to help though. Just frustrating the (E#(#$( out of me.
I just tried to navigate to that file manually and it doesn't appear to be there.
See here: http://www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum/ima...obitch.gif
That's where you say it is, yet it isn't.
Pages: 1 2