MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc/functions_post.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
once again i return with minor problems.

im trying to implement this feature but i need to edit inc/functions_post.php to do it but i have no idea where it is, can someone please tell me where i can find it?
Um, are you asking where the file is, because you answered your own question if you are.

If you are asking where some functionality is in the file, we will need to know what you are trying to do in order to help.
I was editing a template before and i saw inc/functions_post.php somewhere, i cant go to the file because i use webring and webring doesnt have the vistapanel as well as ftp so i was wondering which template edits this
That's a core PHP file, not a template. You cannot edit it through the templates system.
Inside your forum directory (when looking at it via FTP) you should see a folder called 'inc' and then inside that folder you will find functions_post.php Smile
Please note: Do not use notepad for editing! Use a different text editor like Wordpad or Notepad++, etc.
all sounds helpful except if i use FTP can you tell me how to do it, i havnt used ftp in a while so im a bit crusty
Well, that would depend on your FTP client.
I just did tell you how to do it. Smile

Open your FTP client, log into your host with your username and password and then follow my instructions above.
But i cant explain...um dang um if i use wiseftp, i can just go into my forum index like that?
http://www.wise-ftp.com/support/webhelp/help5/index.htm
Read the "Working with WiseFTP" section.
Pages: 1 2