MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] IPBEnhanced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont need permission from the original author.
I remove download link...
Yeah, you do... Or its illegal. You could be sued, and potentially the converter.
ahero4heor ,

I will permission from the original author... After I will make theme
mk_i, you need to get permission from both the original author of that IPB skin, and Invision themselves, before you make the skin. You'll do all the work for it just for them to turn round and say you can't use it.

See Audentio's topic about the MyInvision Skin. It's in a similar situation.

The problem is you can't use any images, CSS or html (that look like?) you get from ipbforumskins.com or from IPB itself. Have a look at Invision's Software Licence. Two points:

1. You don't own a copy of Invision, so you can't use any of it's graphics legally, even if someone else gives you them.

2. Even if you did have a copy of Invision (legally, bought from IPS), you can't use the graphics for myBB due to their software agreements (link above):

Quote:You may not:
  • distribute or modify proprietary graphics, HTML, or CSS packaged with the Software for use in Software applications other than Invision Power Board or web sites without written permission from IPS
Source: Invision Software Licence

Even I can't use images from IPB for my myBB forum, even though I own an IPS licence.
Ok Tom.M thank you... I dont knew permission from the original author... Confused

I will careful ...

Sorry I know some english Confused
Pages: 1 2