MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: issue with upgrading to 2.1.13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i upgraded the 2.1.12 db to 2.1.13 by performing the usual update method (overwriting files then using /install/index.php)...instead of using the patched files. i did not know the patch files existed until i started looking further into the problem. DOH!

i realized afterwards that the post icons were screwed up as well as some of the smilies, but everything else seems to be doing okay. is there anything that i can do without having to revert back to a older db backup and losing a couple weeks worth of data. i thought that i had fully backed up my db before the upgrade today, but somehow my webhost timed out during the process and corrupted the backup!!

in regards to the post icons/smilies..its like they are referenced but not visible. the files exist on the host but they aren't showing up in the forum. i've looked through phpmyadmin and the rows still exist in mybb_icons table, and the paths are still correct..

also, some of the mycode images aren't displaying

'insert formatted code' and 'insert formatted php'

so thats the only 3 things that are wrong..
-post icon images not showing, but the words/descriptions are
-5 or so smilie images not showing, but the words/descriptions are
-2 mycode images are not showing, but the words/descriptions are

what mysql changes does 2.1.13 update script have on a 2.1.12 database thats imaging related? are there any queries that i can run to reverse this?!

please help if you can
the descriptions/words still trigger properly, but they don't link in the images. :[
You should not have run the upgrader to upgrade from MyBB 1.2.12 to MyBB 1.2.13 as there were no database changes between the two.
i realize that now but is there anything that i can do to address the imaging issue? i could really use some help here if anyone could offer support. everything is imaging related it seems...even the captcha's arent working so i disabled them temporarily

a good example is using the quick theme mod at the bottom, our default theme works but try switching to MyBB or something else and you will see how the images are messed up.

should i delete the themes and reinstall them? as well as the problematic smilies, by renaming them to something else file wise and description wise?

Angel

or could i potentially create a new database for 2.1.13 do a clean FULL INSTALL to it, and then import/export the posts, users, ect over? or will that bring the errors over into the new database also?
for the images problem I believe it's not something related to mybb, but the images are corrupted
try to view this image as example http://www.visionaryurbantactics.com/for...es/off.gif

try re-upload this images may fix it
thanks i will give that a try! Smile
well it turns out that filezilla is a crappy excuse for a FTP program..the only reason that i used it during this phase was because SmartFTP had expired (been using it for years off and on). So I switched to CoreFTP and reuploaded the template images and everything worked just fine. I will be fixing the forum one piece at a time.

thanks
good news..
OK, I updated my forum, but when I updated the class_core.php file, something went wrong. Now, when I try to get on my forum the error message "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home/sherim00/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 1" appears. I have no clue how to fix this. I need help!

Now the class_core.php file says this:

<?php/** * MyBB 1.2 * Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved * * Website: http://www.mybboard.net * License: http://www.mybboard.net/eula.html * * $Id: class_core.php 3598 2008-01-20 20:42:43Z Tikitiki $ */class MyBB { /**
* The friendly version number of MyBB we're running.
* @var string
*/
var $version = "1.2.13";

/**
* The version code of MyBB we're running.
* @var integer
*/
var $version_code = 1213; /** * The current working directory. * * @var string */ var $cwd = "."; /** * Input variables received from the outer world. * * @var array */ var $input = array(); /** * Information about the current user. * * @var array */ var $user = array(); /** * Information about the current usergroup. * * @var array */ var $usergroup = array(); /** * MyBB settings. * * @var array */ var $settings = array(); /** * Whether or not magic quotes are enabled. * * @var unknown_type */ var $magicquotes = 0; /** * MyBB configuration. * * @var array */ var $config = array(); /** * The debug information. * * @var unknown_type */ var $debug; /** * The request method that called this page. * * @var string. */ var $request_method = ""; /** * Variables that need to be cleaned. * * @var array */ var $clean_variables = array( "int" => array("tid", "pid", "uid", "eid", "pmid", "fid", "aid") ); /** * Variables that are to be ignored from cleansing proccess * * @var array */ var $ignore_clean_variables = array(); /** * Using built in shutdown functionality provided by register_shutdown_function for < PHP 5? */ var $use_shutdown = false; /** * Constructor of class. * * @return MyBB */ function MyBB() { // Set up MyBB $protected = array("_GET", "_POST", "_SERVER", "_COOKIE", "_FILES", "_SERVER", "_ENV", "GLOBALS"); foreach($protected as $var) { if($_REQUEST[$var] || $_FILES[$var] || $_COOKIE[$var]) { die("Hacking attempt"); } } if(defined("IGNORE_CLEAN_VARS")) { if(!is_array(IGNORE_CLEAN_VARS)) { $this->ignore_clean_variables = array(IGNORE_CLEAN_VARS); } else { $this->ignore_clean_variables = IGNORE_CLEAN_VARS; } } // Determine Magic Quotes Status if(get_magic_quotes_gpc()) { $this->magicquotes = 1; $this->strip_slashes_array($_POST); $this->strip_slashes_array($_GET); $this->strip_slashes_array($_COOKIE); } set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); @ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0); @ini_set("magic_quotes_runtime", 0); // Determine input $this->parse_incoming($_GET); $this->parse_incoming($_POST); if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "POST") { $this->request_method = "post"; } elseif($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == "GET") { $this->request_method = "get"; } // If we've got register globals on, then kill them too if (@ini_get("register_globals") == 1) { $this->unset_globals($_POST); $this->unset_globals($_GET); $this->unset_globals($_FILES); $this->unset_globals($_COOKIE); } if(isset($this->input['debug'])) { $this->debug = 1; } $this->clean_input(); // Old version of PHP, need to register_shutdown_function if(phpversion() < '5.0.5') { $this->use_shutdown = true; register_shutdown_function(array(&$this, "__destruct")); } if(isset($this->input['intcheck']) && $this->input['intcheck'] == 1) { die("MYBB"); } } /** * Parses the incoming variables. * * @param array The array of incoming variables. */ function parse_incoming($array) { if(!is_array($array)) { return; } foreach($array as $key => $val) { $this->input[$key] = $val; } } /** * Strips slashes out of a given array. * * @param array The array to strip. */ function strip_slashes_array(&$array) { foreach($array as $key => $val) { if(is_array($array[$key])) { $this->strip_slashes_array($array[$key]); } else { $array[$key] = stripslashes($array[$key]); } } } /** * Unsets globals from a specific array. * * @param array The array to unset from. */ function unset_globals($array) { if(!is_array($array)) { return; } foreach(array_keys($array) as $key) { unset($GLOBALS[$key]); global $$key; unset($$key); } } /** * Cleans predefined input variables. * */ function clean_input() { foreach($this->clean_variables as $type => $variables) { foreach($variables as $var) { // If this variable is in the ignored array, skip and move to next if(in_array($var, $this->ignore_clean_variables)) { continue; } if($type == "int" && isset($this->input[$var]) && $this->input[$var] != "lastposter") { $this->input[$var] = intval($this->input[$var]); } } } } /** * Logs a message. * * @param string The file to log to. * @param string The message to log. */ function log_message($file, $message) { $handle = fopen($file, 'a'); fwrite($handle, $message); fclose($handle); } /** * Triggers a generic error. * * @param string The error code. * @param boolean Halt code execution, true for halt. */ function trigger_generic_error($code, $halt=true) { switch($code) { case "cache_no_write": $message = "The data cache directory (inc/cache/) needs to exist and be writable by the web server. Change its permissions so that it is writable (777 on Unix based servers)."; break; case "install_directory": $message = "The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'."; break; case "board_not_installed": $message = "Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it."; break; default: $message = "MyBB has experienced an internal error. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. <a href=\"http://www.mybboard.net\">MyBB Website</a>"; } include MYBB_ROOT."inc/generic_error.php"; if($halt) { exit; } } function __destruct() { // Run shutdown function if(function_exists("run_shutdown")) { run_shutdown(); } }}?>
You don't need to paste source of class_core.php. Just attach it here and i will take a look.
or just re-upload fresh version of the file.
Never mind, I got it fixed.