MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UTF-8 and 1,4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is taken from this forums

Turkish Users(T�rk Kullanıcılar)

it's a different U with 2 points over it, not like that...

MyBB Resourses/International - 1st page

After upgrading 1.2 (utf8_general_ci tables) utf-8 to 1.4 utf-8, everything written in Cyrillic was displayed as ������ ����� �����.

I think default table coalitions for 1.4 are still in ISO
Look at "inc\config.php" file the line about Database Encoding
(2008-07-04, 12:42 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Look at "inc\config.php" file the line about Database Encoding

inc/config.php is created after installing mybb
I'm speaking about upgrading 1.2.13 to 1.4.0 beta, used the same installer and procedure which is described in the wiki and probably used here, on both installs mybb 1.4.0 doesnt display some specific symbols. MyBB 1.2 shows every part of Cyrillic alphabet, urdu, and ghana symbols without any problems, even in RSS syndication, 1.4 not.

Also (probably) bcz of the improper set of the char set, the Administration CP is on blank page, without any tables, bug is mentioned in Fixed Bugs, but is not fixed, and is not described properly.

Check the internationalization forum, Turk thread - this is not Turkish
Turkish Users(T�rk Kullanıcılar)

Ignoring me, I'm noob here, with mybb installs/upgrades... but what about MyBB Dev Team, which maintains this forums.
Any updates, regarding this bug ?
Is it fixed in 1.4 b2, or have to found out by installing it somewhere ?
You have to use same character set. Normally turkish 1.2.x forums' character set is iso-8859-9. Be careful about that during the upgrade process to 1.4 beta..
There are few other topics, regarding for the same problem

utf8 1.2.13 to utf8 1.4.0

Where is the different character set
at the moment http://mybb.cmsbg.info is a 1.2.13 and everything is fine in UTF-8, till the conversion to 1.4.0 beta

And how come, one Sub Forum here to be in ISO 8859-9 and others to be in ISO 8859-1 ?
On one and the same page, 2 charsets ? Or I'm supposed to put a screenshot of what I'm seeing on this (community.mybboard.net) forums.

Still can't get it ?
Title of that topic
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-5282.html
And first post in the same topic, that's what I'm talking about. Conversion fails. And here the character set can't be 2-3 in one or more subforums.

Announces in ISO8859-1, Turkish sub forum in ISO 8859-9, Russian sub forum in CP1251, no way Smile