MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running the installer on my localhost and once I input the database information, it goes to a blank page.
You've entered the wrong database information.
I think it doesn't like local machines, at least not mine. When I input the wrong info it tells me, when I put in the right info, it gives me a blank white page
Check to make sure that MySQL, or the database system you have, is running.
It's running, I know this because I have other scripts running atm, mybb is the only one giving me a problem.
Hi, I've got exactly the same issue. If you want to install MyBB 1.4 on your localhost, you must install MyBB 1.2.xx before and do upgrade to 1.4 version. It works in my case Smile
All of our staff members have MyBB 1.4 working on their localhost. The only explanation is that you've entered the wrong information
(2008-08-05, 02:18 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]... The only explanation is that you've entered the wrong information

1. No it isn't only explanation. I've got the same situation like Psybadek:
correct inf. = blank page;
wrong inf. = MyBB shows site about incorrect data.

2. I think I know why it doesn't work correctly on our localhosts.
I think Psybadek comes from Poland (me too) and we've got "Krasnal" - virtual server software. Probably he (like me) uses this software and there is a problem - something is wrong with Krasnal's configuration.
(2008-08-05, 06:59 PM)Quid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-05, 02:18 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]... The only explanation is that you've entered the wrong information

1. No it isn't only explanation. I've got the same situation like Psybadek:
correct inf. = blank page;
wrong inf. = MyBB shows site about incorrect datas.

Okay, how about "The only reasonable explanation within my expertise with the information you've provided me is that you've entered the wrong information.

Does that help?