MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (mybb 1.4) (Release) Board Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
welcome to my most advanced mybb 1.4 plugin so far

it displays a message under the welcome block

[attachment=9681]

the message is editable by admincp settings

installation instruction

1.upload file to mybbroot./inc/plguins
2.activate
3.go to the setting and type your message in between the html (dont alter that basic html it makes up the box for it)

plugins is upload

file history
version 1.2 fix up the apperance problem with "rebuild_settings();"
version 1.0 first release

Planned for future release
have it as a install script so u can deactivate it without loosing your message and activate it later
(2008-07-05, 04:37 AM)ethernet Wrote: [ -> ]welcome to my most advanced mybb 1.4 plugin so far

it displays a message under the welcome block

the message is editable by admincp settings

installation instruction

1.upload file to mybbroot./inc/plguins
2.activate (note for somereason it doesn't appear till u save the setting)
3.go to the setting and type your message in between the html (dont alter that basic html it makes up the box for it)

plugins is upload

file history
1.0 first release

Planned for future release
have it as a install script so u can deactivate it without loosing your message and activate it later

Message to lex this got more code into it and taken me a bit to learn to put admincp setting in it so i think this one is better then my others

One i will probably use when 1.4 final is released. Awesome work and thank you! I will give it a run on my beta test site though this weekend.

Great to see some 1.4 plugins starting to get done and as well good to see new plugin authors!!!Big Grin

Thank you. Smile
thats ok just saying u didn't need to quote my entire post
hmm, wow. Seems like you worked hard on this one, you've done well on it. Nice work on this one! Shy
Nice congratz your first plugin with some settings.
2.activate (note for somereason it doesn't appear till u save the setting)

Use rebuild_settings() in your activate section.
Well try this file here are the rebuild parts included samuel.
lex thanks for that just saying its rebuild_settings(); with the extra ; at the end
-sighz- the function is called rebuild_settings() ofcourse when you gonna use it in a php file, you need to add a ; after it.
ok well thanks again for it i know for now on
also when pachel put it in the file he didn't put the ;
Pages: 1 2