MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error: 1036
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, ive been getting this error. what do i do?

Quote:MySQL error: 1036
Table 'mybb_users' is read only
Query: UPDATE mybb_users SET newpms='0' WHERE uid='1' MySQL error: 1036
Table 'mybb_users' is read only
Query: UPDATE mybb_users SET lastvisit='1215326071', lastactive='1215335916' WHERE uid='1' LIMIT 1
When you created your database did you give it All Permissions? This error means that your database is read-only, so MyBB doesn't have permission to change anything.

You may need to delete the database user (in CPanel), make a new one, then bind it to the database and give the database user All Permissions. Otherwise if you use another control panel check that your database has all permissions.

BMR777
well in that case did give all permissions to user.. and here;s my verison of error:

MySQLi error: 1036
Table 'mybb_sessions' is read only
Query: DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE ip='XX.XX.XX.XXX' LIMIT 1

XX got my IP address...

well how do i make it good that it doesn't come again?
I also have the same problem, but it only happened recently, after I upgraded my board to 1.4.6. Sad It worked fine for an hour, then, when I checked the forum again, that error message appeared. The thing is, my control panel doesn't have anything like "set all permissions" or something. I don't know how to fix this. Could you help me?

Another question: Woudn't erasing the database erase all the posts and settings on the forum?

Thanks in advance,
~Why-Fi
For future reference, it's not very helpful to post in a thread about MyBB 1.2 when you're on 1.4, as well as it being an old thread.

You'll need to ask your host how to give your database more permissions if you don't know how.

And yes, erasing the database would do that, but if you take a backup first you can just import it again. Should be possible to just change the permissions of the user though.