MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some minor bugs and problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#1 - Missings forums
After converting from MyBB 1.2 to MyBB 1.4 beta no forum was shown on the index page (it wasn't blank, there were just no forums, not even those forums that are visible to anyone including guests). After rebuilding "forums"-cache via cache manager everythings fine. This bug seems NOT to be reproducible.

#2 Empty usertitle
[Image: mybberror.png]
Error when displaying a thread and $cached_titles in inc/functions_post.php line 175 is false
Rebuilding "usertitles"-cache solves the problem.

#1 und #2 did not occur during my first MyBB1.2 to MyBB1.4 conversion. Maybe the upgrade-script didn't work properly this time? But it gave me no error message.

#3 - Language fallback
For MyBB 1.2 I used a german language pack. MyBB 1.4 is english only, and I did not copy the old language files to my test directory. Of course mybb complained about missing language files, so I fixed it in inc/settings.php ($settings['cplanguage'] and $settings['bblanguage']). Admin-CP isn't accessible without language files, so I had no other way. With new settings.php everything is fine, but as soon as you change configuration via Admin-CP, the old values are written back to settings.php. Maybe the board could just fallback to english or present an easier way to change language pack.

#4 Another strange one, but not reproducable
I wanted to delete an category with all its subforums.
Forum structure before deleting:
Category1
  Forum1
Category2
  Forum2
  Forum3
  Forum4
Category3
  Forum5
  Forum6
  Forum7

Forum Management -> Options for "Category2" -> "Delete Forum"
Expected result:
Category1
  Forum1
Category3
  Forum5
  Forum6
  Forum7

Actual result:
Category1
  Forum1
Category2
  Forum3
  Forum4
  Forum5
  Forum7
After that I deleted the database, re-imported the backup from MyBB 1.2 and did the conversion again. Now I tried to delet category2 again, and this time I got the expected result. Bug not reproducable, but I wasn't drunk when I tried it the first time Wink

Edit: Sorry, should have been posted to MyBB 1.4 Bug Reports