MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I got the upload file on my computer but what do I do to upload. I have the Flash FXP thing and I basically know how to use it. Some questions I have are when I go to setup the Quick Connect the "Server or URL" should be

devwebsites.com yes?
username is the username for cpanel
password is the password for cpanel
What is remote path? should i put forums there so its like devwebsites.com/forums?

Also where do I upload on the cpanel. File Manager>(then Do i go to public_html thing? Or do I create a folder in there? Assuming I go to public_html thing)>

Now I am at the screen for Public_html. Do I upload the file there or create a text document forums and upload there Or what? I am stuck here. When I do it my way it just shows

Index of Forums

Parent Directory

Upload

Like it is in FlashFXP or CPanel or w/e. I go to devwebsites.com/forums/install and it doesn't work. Anyone want to gimme instructions on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for all your help

Also I went to the upload thing when i went to devwebsites.com/forums/install and clicked on Upload and it said Critical Error. Board is not yet installed. :rollseye: ..obviously and I need help
Wow can't anyone help me? 35 views!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
(2008-07-07, 01:21 AM)devwebsites Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I got the upload file on my computer but what do I do to upload. I have the Flash FXP thing and I basically know how to use it. Some questions I have are when I go to setup the Quick Connect the "Server or URL" should be

devwebsites.com yes?
username is the username for cpanel
password is the password for cpanel
What is remote path? should i put forums there so its like devwebsites.com/forums?

Also where do I upload on the cpanel. File Manager>(then Do i go to public_html thing? Or do I create a folder in there? Assuming I go to public_html thing)>

Now I am at the screen for Public_html. Do I upload the file there or create a text document forums and upload there Or what? I am stuck here. When I do it my way it just shows

Index of Forums

Parent Directory

Upload

Like it is in FlashFXP or CPanel or w/e. I go to devwebsites.com/forums/install and it doesn't work. Anyone want to gimme instructions on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for all your help

Also I went to the upload thing when i went to devwebsites.com/forums/install and clicked on Upload and it said Critical Error. Board is not yet installed. :rollseye: ..obviously and I need help
Wow can't anyone help me? 35 views!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

These are all questions you should ask your web host, as they are not related to MyBB.

Thanks.
I figured this out. I needed to click upload and then to /install