MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabling Admin CP Richtext Template Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm assuming that this is the fault of IE7, but whenever I try to use the template editor that uses coloring, etc. to make the code look more readable (I don't know what you call that, but it's like a textarea that uses MyCode [ php][ /php] coloring), it screws up. It doesn't color correctly, whenever I type "[" it adds a "]", and scrolling left to right is horrendous.

What can I do to turn off this feature and just create a regular textarea? And after that, can I through CSS or whatever make the font still have a fixed width (like Courier or something) so it's still easy to work with?

Thanks in advance,

lupus6x9
I don't see how you can say the "colors" are wrong - They are a matter of personal preference picked by the codepress developers. The only way to turn off codepress is to turn off Javascript.
Well, the colors are fine, it just doesn't update each time I type a new tag, and when it does, my typing pointer moves around or the textarea blurs (as in, stops focusing). I really like the idea, but my computer doesn't seem to agree.

So I have to disable JavaScript each time I want to edit a template?
You can just delete codepress.js in admin/jscripts/codepress - if it can't load the Javascript file it won't make the textarea use Codepress. (However, if you do this, you'll also get an entry in your error log - if you have one - for a missing file each time you edit a template or edit a stylesheet in advanced mode)
Will it still format code that has been posted in the forums using [ php] [ /php] tags?
(2008-07-07, 06:27 PM)lupus6x9 Wrote: [ -> ]Will it still format code that has been posted in the forums using [ php] [ /php] tags?

Yes, the [php] tags do not use the same colorization system as the template editor.