MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I followed the instructions that came with the program "how to upload"

Well Ive taken on board what you have said which I had already done. Please take alook at my link to my forum and could you tell me the problem. www.mindbodyharmony.ltd.uk/forum

I can get into my admin center but as you can see i can not get into forum.

I have a mysql account with a host of my website. Do I have to upload it into that folder?

it does not say i have to in the documantation provided with mybb.

How do i put a link on my website so that any one who wishes to become a member can access the forum?

all I require is a forum as a data Base so that our public can communicate with us and recieve news letters from us I hope I have downloaded the right program for this.

Please any help at all or if you have complete documentation on how to make it live. this would be much appreciated.

hope you can help please. regards Dave
Are u sure you uploded it correctly? It seem like the files are not where they are suppost to be. You should recheck with you ftp prog that ther is a index.php file in the folder

http://www.mindbodyharmony.ltd.uk/forum/

Because the server gives you the message that the file is NOT there

The Link you created on ur website should be enough to let people become members Smile
Hi Bill
the index.php you mentioned does not exsist but public_htlm does exist in my site. this I asum is what opens up ok as you can see. This is where i upload all my site www.mindbodyharmony.ltd.uk

By the way It is underconstruction at the moment.

any help would be appreciated thanks regards dave
Ok, everything what is in the public_htlm folder you normally can see on your website. So in your case the folder structue should look like:

public_htlm/forum/ and in that forum folder is supposed to be the index.php

That obviusly worked with the admin panel

public_htlm/forum/admin/

Hope that helps. If you like you can PM me your ftp settings and I can tell you whats wrong.
Got your PM, but was out for holiday, sorry.

There has to be a index.php file in the normal folder as well as in the admin folder. I guess you did a error by unpacking thr zip file. Download it again and take care by unpacking you keep the right file structure.