MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop Emails From Subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to stop users from receiving emails from their subscribed threads.
Yes, from the User CP -> Edit Options -> Messaging and Notification -> Default Thread Subscription Mode -> Now You have to select "No email notification" or "Do not subscribe".

Wink
Is there a way to set this as default for all users?
I believe it is default already. Did you convert your forums from another software?
Yeah, I went from SMF.
Then you may need to run a query to fix everyone that is a current member.
How would I do that?
I am also in the same boat. I imported my forums into MyBB now the Email Notification is on by default when people start and reply to threads. I need a way to turn it to unchecked by default. The forums that I imported did not have an email notification option....
I changed it for all existing users, but that only takes care of the problem from this point forward. It doesn't take care of what they previously subscribed to which is the real problem.

I have a user who has had their e-mail shut down by Verizon so I keep getting error messages saying how she can get the constant notifications.

I changed her e-mail address to one of mine so I could unsubscribe from the threads as they come up. Surely there is an easier way than this, no?
Empty the subscriptions table to remove all current subscriptions.
Pages: 1 2