MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error: 1044 and MySQL error: 1050
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am on freshly installed MyBB version 1.2.13.

When i was installing the board i got no error beside one, in the end, which is:
MySQL error: 1044
Access denied for user: 'Azmandius@localhost' to database 'v2forum'
Query: ALTER TABLE v2forumthreads ADD FULLTEXT (subject)

Anyway, board is installed and working fine.

I installed the Downloads Section plug-in.
When i was trying to activate the plug-in i got first this sql error:
MySQL error: 1044
Access denied for user: 'Azmandius@localhost' to database 'v2forum'
Query: ALTER TABLE v2forumadminoptions ADD canmanagedownloads CHAR(3) NOT NULL default ''

Trying to activate it second time gave this error:
MySQL error: 1050
Table 'v2forumdownloadcategories' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE v2forumdownloadcategories ( cid smallint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL default '', visiblegroups text NOT NULL default '', submissiongroups text NOT NULL default '', disporder smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0', downloads int(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (cid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

So, i was wondering is it about my owner rights over sql database or is it about badly written plug-in?
I'd be happy to know the reason for errors.
Thank you.
The "Access denied" is because your MySQL user does not have ALTER permissions on the database. You need to fix this in your hosting control panel, and/or by talking with your web host. We can't do anything about this on our end.

The second error is probably because it already created the table when you first activated it.
(2008-07-10, 04:03 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The "Access denied" is because your MySQL user does not have ALTER permissions on the database.
So it looks like the board setup was able to create tables, but can't alter them?
Sounds weird... but i guess its possible.
The solution would be to contact your host.