MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Data exchange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i am hew to this site and i have a few questions.. First of all i have atv/outdoor related forums at www.freepowerboards.com/MudPerformance and can you guys do a data exchange where you can take all the posts and what not and put them on this new forum or is that possible? Or can you simply convert my forums to this type? Sorry for all of the questions but i am new to this game..
did you tried MyBB Merge System
It's only possible to use the MyBB Merge system if you can get a database backup of your forum. Are you able to get this from your host? If not, then there isn't really a way to grab all your threads/posts at once.
Yes i can get a database backup..I probbably will be doing this but if something goes wrong than i loose all of that information.. also will members be transfered or will the have to sign up again?
Yes everything will be carried over with the merge system Wink.
(2008-07-17, 04:27 AM)jv2cat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i can get a database backup..I probbably will be doing this but if something goes wrong than i loose all of that information.. also will members be transfered or will the have to sign up again?

If you make a copy of your backup before actually doing something with it (i.e. burning it to a CD) then you won't lose it if something goes wrong. You'll be able to pick it up again from the CD.