MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Markup Validation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Have to say, myBB is some fantastic bit of kit, and will probably be able to do everything I want it to do...

My only problem with it so far is W3C validation - if you're going to contend with the likes of vBulletin, Invision and phpBB you need to have the markup pass validation. phpBB even gloats XHTML strict validation...

There's only [ 5 errors ] in the report that look as though they can be easily fixed. Just wondering whether the errors could be cleaned up before actual release?...

Rolleyes
There's actually only 1 error (the W3C parser throws extras when it spots 1) and it's the <br> which isn't in the standard MyBB package anyway. I will be going through and double checking my clean-MyBB installation for XHTML parser errors tomorrow.
(2008-07-11, 08:18 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]There's actually only 1 error

Touché - I found an email in my inbox saying they found it ironic that the home of a "standards compliant" forum showed up errors... apart from the customised stuff I've bashed into mine a clean install shouldn't throw any errors.

Blush
Ok, so I went through as much as I could and fixed as many validation errors that I could find
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.