MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bont On Forum Is Bold, Can't Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I am having a problem on my forum. All of the font (save for the welcome block at the top) is bolded and I'm not sure why. I'm assuming I forgot to close a bold tag or something somewhere, but I have no idea where and can't find it... I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for.

I don't think it's a problem with my theme, as these are the only sections in the theme that are weighed bold.

Top Links Menu
Table Row Separator
Navigation Breadcrumb
Active Breadcrumb Item

Also in Additional CSS at the bottom there are these sections which have font weight bold listed in the code:

.quote_header {
margin-left: 20px;
padding: 4px;
border-top: 1px dashed #292929;
border-left: 1px dashed #292929;
border-right: 1px dashed #292929;
color: #fff;
background: #000;
font-weight: bold;
}

.code_header {
margin-left: 20px;
border-top: 1px dashed #292929;
border-left: 1px dashed #292929;
border-right: 1px dashed #292929;
color: #fff;
background: #000;
font-weight: bold;
}

Here is the URL to my forum:
http://lostandfound.qupis.com/forum/index.php

Please help me!! This has been an issue for awhile and I can't figure out how to resolve it Sad
Hi,

Looking at the source, I belive its the portal_stats template that has bold tags ( <strong> ) that aren't closed.

If you could follow the steps below:

Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *Template Name* > Expand > Find "Portal Templates" > Expand > Open "portal_stats"

If you find all the "<strong>" entrys (there's about 4), remove them and then > Update/Add Template.

That should hopefully solve the problem, let me know if it doesn't and i'll have another look,
Regards - Chris.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I did exactly as you said, (deleted 5 pairs of <strong> </strong> ) and still no luck Sad Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, it really means a lot to me that you're helping out!
Hi,

I'm still looking for what is causing it, however, something I noticed in your mybbdefault.css file is some html at the very buttom of it:

</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

You should remove that from the stylesheet, as it could be effecting things.

Chris.
I removed it, thank you very much for pointing it out!! I haven't the foggiest why it was there...

Let me know if you have any luck with the bold issue, or come across anything else that has gone haywire.
Hi,

I may have found the issue, if you open the mybbdefault.css file and find:

.trow1 {
	background: #242E43;
	color: #d39c1b;
	border-left: 1px solid #3c3c3c;
	border-top: 1px solid #3c3c3c;

#bgcolor a:hover {
	 background : #d2bb6c ;
	 color : #d39c1b;
	 text-decoration: underline;
	}
}

replace it with:

.trow1 {
	background: #242E43;
	color: #d39c1b;
	border-left: 1px solid #3c3c3c;
	border-top: 1px solid #3c3c3c;
}

#bgcolor a:hover {
	 background : #d2bb6c ;
	 color : #d39c1b;
	 text-decoration: underline;
}

Chris.
I hate saying it, but I'm afraid that did not fix the problem Sad

Anything else? I am so sorry about this, but I will continue trying anything you throw my way.
Hi,

it seems to me, theres an end tag </div> missing for the navigation

<!-- start: nav -->
<div class="navigation">
<div style="margin: auto; background: #070808; border: 1px solid #292929; padding: 2px 2px;">
<!-- start: nav_bit_active -->
<span class="active">Lost And Found</span>
<!-- end: nav_bit_active -->

</div>
<!-- end: nav -->

so the style of the navigation is applied to the forums too
Where is that section of code located at? Would I just add a </div>, then?

Thank you! I hope this works...

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found it!!
It worked!!!!

Pure brilliance on your part, really ^_^ Thank you very much, you have no idea how much it was bothering me or how happy I am to have it solved. THANK YOU.