MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template Inconsistency by design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I'm all new to myBB and like what i've seen so far. I'm now trying to customize my mybb site a little bit. My goal is to use portal.php as the entry page and make index.php have the same layout so that the main difference between portal.php and index.php is the forum list opposed to the announcements. Fair enough, with the built in template management I thought it would be a simple cut and past job, but it appears that template "labels" (such as {$forums} and {$birthdays} etc) used in portal.php can not be used in index.php and vice versa? Is this a fact, and in that case Why!!! And how do I come around this "issue" ?

Thanks

DF
Yes, it is by design, because, to generate stuff such as birthday lists, some processing needs to occur to get the information (which obviously isn't done on the portal page). There are also various technical issues with trying to auto-detect what you're trying to do as well.

To do this, you'll need a plugin or PHP code modification unfortunately.